The Football (Soccer) thread

Wasn't on Gol TV so I missed out. Watched the highlights though and it looked like a thrilling game. Watched Munich beat Nuremberg in a dull, sloppy 1-0 performance. They're only three points behind Dortmund now. Should be an exciting finish to the Bundesliga season.

I hope Bayern wins over Real, but Bayern are the obvious underdogs in this match. Their defense is far from being world-class, with their only reliable defender being Philip Lahm. David Alaba is too inexperienced for Real Madrid, Boateng commits way too many deadly mistakes, and Holger Badstuber is one of those inexplicably overrated defenders.

Very good game. I think Madrid played too conservative after the drawing level. Nonetheless an impressive performance by Bayern. I still think Madrid are the favorites heading back to Spain, but Bayern are legit.

Expecting a rough day for Chelsea tomorrow.

Wow! Can't believe Chelsea pulled that off. That was a truly impressive game. However, considering how many key players they're gonna have suspended for the final, you can basically give the winner of Bayern v. Real the title.

562910_10150873285376856_638289551_n.jpg

So first round of Champions league knockout stage is over. Looks like most fixtures already have a clear winner. Highlight for me (other than Zlatan being Zlatan) has to be Huntelaars goal.

013d6c8deaa98f8f312e6122a72845ae.gif

Being down 0-6 and scoring a goal like that in the last minute was a real nice touch. It definitely put a smile on the faces of all the depressed Schalke fans.