Football is losing it's face more and more....

GeertSamuel

Jan 29, 2006
Nieuw-Buinen, The Netherlands
I'm a huge football fan (AJAX!!!). Now these past years more and more clubs are spending like idiots, every charm of football is being ruined with clubs and rich guys spending like idiots on players. Chelsea, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Manchester United, Liverpool all these teams have been spending like morons taking credit loans with banks and so on!

Here in Holland there are very strict financial rules. As soon as a club is going more then 15% above it's budget a club is being monitered strictly by the KNVB (National Football Association), as soon as they get above 30% these clubs need to put everything back to the KNVB where and when they are spending the money in order to keep their professional license. As soon as a club ignores the KNVB it loses it's professional license.

This past year Haarlem went bankrupt, Haarlem is the club where Ruud Gullit grew up and played in the 80s. They had a debt of 250.000 and that made them go bankrupt because the KNVB revoked they professional license they weren't able to get sponsors in anymore.

Feyenoord has a debt of 30 million euros, the KNVB is on their asses and even threatened to revoke their license if they didn't solve this quick. Now they allready cut back on a lot of stuff and have allready managed to cut back about 15 million on that.

Then I read the message that Barcelona has to take a credit loan for 155 million. And everybody acts like that's just normal.

Real Madrid has spend 250 million on players last year, and reaveled a debt of 327 million of that year, getting up to a total of 1.1 billion!

You can tell me whatever you want, but this is ruining footbal. These clubs can't even PAY the players and staff they have, but still continue to spend spend, spend, spend.

If there would be international rules on these financial issues by the UEFA, I'm 100% sure within years everything is being equaled out in footbal and in competitions! Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man Utd wouldn't probally even be playing champions league anymore since they don't have anything to spend.

Ajax is making a loss of 21 million this year, but they still have an positive figure of 60 million. Yes it's painfull, but we don't have to take out a loan! And even this summer Ajax is not spending anything, as are so many other clubs that keep an eye on their wallet! They are only trading or buying when a player is sold. While Barcelona can easily buy Villa and take a loan of 155 million!

FA, RFEF, FIGC, UEFA WAKE UP!

This:

Athletic Club Bilbao, still a unique case, a special soccer club

The Basque club's policy of lining-up only Basque players stands in stark, counterpoint to growing cynicism about rich clubs "buying" championships and players ditching fans for the highest bidder.

From: http://www.eitb.com/sports/en/detai...ao-still-a-unique-case-a-special-soccer-club/

With this philosophy since 1898.
And...
- Never been in the second division (like R. Madrid & Barcelona)
- 23 Cups (Only Barcelona has more, 24)
- 8 Leagues (Only R. Madrid, Barcelona and Atletico Madrid have more)
- Still a Club, not a Company
- Unfortunately we don't have any european championship :cry:

Fuck off the rest!

n_athletic_club_de_bilbao_fondos-120.jpg

This:

From: http://www.eitb.com/sports/en/detai...ao-still-a-unique-case-a-special-soccer-club/

With this philosophy since 1898.
And...
- Never been in the second division (like R. Madrid & Barcelona)
- 23 Cups (Only Barcelona has more, 24)
- 8 Leagues (Only R. Madrid, Barcelona and Atletico Madrid have more)
- Still a Club, not a Company
- Unfortunately we don't have any european championship :cry:

Fuck off the rest!

n_athletic_club_de_bilbao_fondos-120.jpg

Atlethic Bilbao has been growing on me for the past years! In "status" they are higher up the ladder then Barca & R. Madrid to me!

Ajax has been ruined 12 years ago when they started to manage it as a "Company"... now they are trying despiratelly to turn that around...and that's difficult!

The FA brings in more rules, I think they have that "homegrown" rule where they only can put players from <21 in when they are allready atleast 3 years in England. Now that's a fucked up rule! Feyenoord allready lost 2 players to Chelsea this year, and one player 2 years ago (Bruma). Feyenoord actually doesn't get any "fees" since he's not on a contract and that way talent for clubs can just easily leave.

From the general Football thread:

Some big, fundamental changes about to happen in Europe's football throughout the next years with the FIFA making it mandatory that income and expenses finally have to be balanced.

For decades, foreign clubs and fans used to laugh about the extremely tight licensing requirements of our German Bundesliga, making it very hard for our clubs to stay competitive on the highest international level.

And to be fair, we looked over the boarders, envious about Primera Division, Premier League and Serie A clubs being able to sign and hold the best of the best.

But now, the FC Bayern is basically the only European top club that's not knee-deep in debt. Our whole league is on a very secure financial footing.

But it's not all spitefulness, I think it's actually very sad to see some of the clubs with the biggest traditions (especially in the Premier League) being at the mercy of obscure investors who have no historical connection to the clubs whatsoever and treat them like their toys.

And like toys they just throw 'em away and get a new one if they're tired of them.