Bribery in UEFA Champions League?

GeertSamuel

Jan 29, 2006
Nieuw-Buinen, The Netherlands
I'm pissed off actually. Don't know how many people follow the UEFA Champions League, but yesterday all Ajax players and supporters felt fucked-over.

In order for Lyon to proceed to the next round (instead of Ajax) the had to make up a 7 goal difference.

First the Ajax - Madrid match
Both Madrid and Ajax started with a b-squad, Madrid because they needed rest for the upcoming match against Barcelona and Ajax because 6 of our starting players are injured. Madrid scores the first goal, after that Ajax scores TWO goals, both wrongfully disallowed because of offside. In the video below the first (not) goal is a 0:35 and second (not) goal at 1:05. That allready feels like being fucked over. After that everybody lost confindence that there was any possibility with referees like that. Sidenote, the referees are both Portugese, just as Jose Morinhou, trainer of Real Madrid. At the break it was 0-2 for Madrid, while it actually should've been 2-1 or 2-2.

Here is the video

Dinamo Zagreb - Lyon
A miracle should've happened in Zagreb for Lyon to qualify. Madrid won 0-1 against Zagreb in that match, with difficulty! At the break it was 1-1. Allthough it all seemed a bit "fishy" on how everything developed in the first half, red card, awkward goal celebration. When the 2nd half began Zagreb probally didn't feel like participating in the game anymore. Within 7 minutes Lyon scored 3 goals. The goalie was a bit to obvious in his judgements. When Lyon scored 1-5 Zagreb defender "Vida" smiled to Lyon striker 'Gomis', winked, and put up his thumb (picture underneath, UEFA is very strict at deleting content from YouTube, video is floating around somewhere tho). Eventually Zagreb felt they only needed to be on the pitch to get some fresh air instead of playing the game, so with that ease Lyon scored two more and it ended up 1-7, exactly what the needed. Unfortunatelly I can't find the video of this game, just search internet, but you can see how easy the goals get scored by Lyon, or better, how the players of Zagreb lack any will of getting a proper end result.

media_xl_1038555.jpg

What possibly might even be more obscure is that defender "Vida" the guy that winked is being caught on photo walking out of a bookmakers office.

b.jpg

Normally I just feel bad for couple of minutes after a bad result, but now it just feels like we're being screwed. Am I a bad loser or is this indeed "fishy"?

Last edited by a moderator:
I see where youre coming from. I'm german and I hate you dutch guys (haha, just kidding, chill out :D ) - this is really, really strange and I'm with you... Smells like scam...

Those Ajax goals were definitely legal. But I saw the Lyon vs Zagreb video and the "wink" thing and to be honest it didn't really look like that kind of wink and it happens too fast, if you just pause at the exact right moment you can obviously make it look worse than it actually is.

But yeah, I feel you. I'm quite sad this year as well cause FC Porto played absolute shit apart from the last match against Zenit which they should've won by a big margin. Oh well, on we go to win the Europa League again :p

Those off-sides were terrible, but I don´t think it has something to do with Mourinho´s nationality. In fact, I imagine people in Portugal flaming Mourinho for working for Spain :lol: BTW, Anita´s chest goal was awesome!

Sore looser :lol:
No seriously the offsides. Must be hard to swallow.
On the other hand, the wink... Bullshit. The guy looked fucking pissed to me actually.

At least a look at Manchester should cheer you up :) I was so hoping that ManU wont pull off the "finals 99" move again :)

Did i get you right.. You wanna know if there are underdog teams among those in the Champions League?

We can't actually really know what's going on between teams and so.. Maybe not bribery, but I wouldn't know to be honest.

I'm still pissed off about Man U not even qualifying, I mean what the fuck!?