The Football Thread!

This is ridiculous!! Just want to order tickets for the champions league games...prices have gone up with 200% with champions league 5 years ago and regular tickets for any season game now! THIS IS INSANE!!!!!! The tickets I bought last year for the Europe League cost me 54,50 per ticket..now I have to pay 110,50!!!!!!!!!!!!

damn, thats expensive. i paid £30 each for my group stage tickets, gone up £5 on last year.

i found my ticket stub from 2004/05 when we played barca in the knockouts - my ticket was £14!!!!

BTW any of you europeans seeing how well chelsea are playing? absolutely destroying teams atm, would be surprised if anyone in europe is in better form. 5 games, 21 scored, 1 conceded.

I think..Schalke have a problem now haha

"Willst du Schalke an der Spitze sehen, musst du die Tabelle drehen!" ;)

Bayern are off to a slow start again but I'm pretty sure they'll get in gear shortly. Nice to see teams like Mainz, K-lautern and Freiburg getting a good start in this season.

And I wouldn't have expected Stuttgart to destroy Gladbach in such a manner.

damn, thats expensive. i paid £30 each for my group stage tickets, gone up £5 on last year.

i found my ticket stub from 2004/05 when we played barca in the knockouts - my ticket was £14!!!!

BTW any of you europeans seeing how well chelsea are playing? absolutely destroying teams atm, would be surprised if anyone in europe is in better form. 5 games, 21 scored, 1 conceded.

Yeah, the ticket prices have exploded over the last few years. And not only for the international matches. Some clubs charge a premium for certain games (like derbies) that clearly violate UEFA statutes.

I'm glad though that I live in Germany where many stadiums still feature standing terraces and you can often get a ticket for around 15 Euros.

Looking at the average prices for league games in the Premier League (37,40 GBP) and the costs for season tickets, my head starts spinning.

Here is a nice article comparing fan culture between the Premier League and the Bundesliga: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/465675-bundesliga-vs-premier-league-which-league-has-the-best-fans-and-why

-----

Yeah, the Blues are on a roll right now. Really looking forward towards the Man City game. It will be quite a benchmark for both teams.

you're insane

Undoubtedly :lol: , but:

You stand longer at most concerts, not to mention festivals. And it's not solely a cost issue: I have a persistently injured foot and leg but the atmosphere makes more than up for the pain:

245742566_5bc62bcb66_z.jpg

The experience is just hard to describe with words. Watching matches from the seating areas is so different, it's a bit like watching a metal or rock concert from a seat.

I'd actually wish to see more games from the standing terrace, but in Dortmund it's almost impossible if you don't have a season ticket. And I don't, as I live so far off...

245742566_5bc62bcb66_z.jpg

Slash :hotjump: a good friend of mine is just trying to get some tickets for a match in Dortmund (I´m born there - and I never been in this Stadion so far). Shame on me!!! For Dortmund - Bayern unfortunately it wasn´t possible to get some tickets. I absolutely want to experience it, being in one of the greatest football stadions in Europe!

^ WHAT????!!!

Yep, they're financial problems (50 million debt) really started to have an effect on their players.
Since van Bronckhorst (superb goal this WC against Uruguay) and goalgetter Makaay quit, they only have some young players left that have talent but are unable to bring the mentallity at this age. Half-time was 2-0.

It's sad to see that a club that used to play in the dutch top 3, and also won a range of european prices (Euro Cup 1 (now Champions League) 1970, Uefa Cup 1974 & 2002, 14x dutch champion) fall down as they do now.

I even have friends that are PSV fans telling me they actually feel emberrased that it got to this..

Anyhow, I sort of feel lucky I'm an Ajax fan. For 10 years straight we're good at failing and selling our top-players...but we don't win anything memorable anymore. We've been waiting for our 30th dutch championship for 7 years allready.

Last year we missed it by 1 point, year before that we missed it by 1 goal..:bah:

It was kind of funny seeing all the overpaid millionaires getting kicked by a team consisting purely of basque people.
Bayern München (my fav team) seems to be on fire lately. 20 goals in the last 3 games. wow... Shame they don't have much chance to catch Dortmund anymore.
If they go through in the CL, Real-Bayern will be an interesting one. On that game there will be 85% of the German national team on the pitch lol.

yeah, I really look forward to the 11th April when Bayern and Dortmund meet (also a Munich Fan btw). even though they may not catch em anymore, it'd still be a prestigious win. Hope they can keep it up till then