The Official I GOT MY TICKETS! Thread

Got pre-empted from attending for the first time last year due to scheduling. At least I never got tickets cause I could see the train-wreck coming months before. :mad:

But I got my tickets this year and God-willing I'll be there :headbang: (spent money is a great motivator for prioritizing activities). Gonna make some hotel reservations in a couple of weeks.

Yet another ProgPower Virgin :saint: for this year...be gentle please.

OH NOOOOOOOOOO as a PP virgin you have to take all that is dished out, hehehehehehehehe just kidding, it's great that you will make it this year, look me up and the first beer is on me. Just look for the OLD GUY or ask anyone where do i find J-Man they can tell you.

Gonna make some hotel reservations in a couple of weeks.

You might want to get on that TODAY. They don't charge for reservations and they can be cancelled, and most hotels book up as soon as the date is released. Do not wait to do this. DO NOT.

Your best bet at this point may very well be to start calling and hope to nab a room if your goal is to stay close by. Altrenately, you can try and find a group who needs a roomate to cut costs, who already have a room.

So, if I remember correctly, it looks like there are a couple of Best Westerns, a Fairfield, Residence, Hampton, Mariott, and a Sheraton nearby...many on the same street or down on 14th street.

Are all these pretty decent?

Thanks,

You might want to get on that TODAY. They don't charge for reservations and they can be cancelled, and most hotels book up as soon as the date is released. Do not wait to do this. DO NOT.

Your best bet at this point may very well be to start calling and hope to nab a room if your goal is to stay close by. Altrenately, you can try and find a group who needs a roomate to cut costs, who already have a room.

wE GOT OURS~! I bought 2 for my daughters as my wife and I have GB this year.

So, if I remember correctly, it looks like there are a couple of Best Westerns, a Fairfield, Residence, Hampton, Mariott, and a Sheraton nearby...many on the same street or down on 14th street.

Are all these pretty decent?

Thanks,

Pretty much, you can just about find what you need on www.progpowerusa.com .. glenn's been good enough to post phone numbers and locations on the page. We stay at the Granada every year (AFTER PARTY INVITES TO ALL!), and thats litterally a 2 minuite walk to the venue. Place is probably booked solid, but it's a good hub. I'm not sure where the other hotels are in relation, but I do know the ones listed are good choices.

got my hotel room booked as well so I'm all set. Just a lil drive from central AL...