3. Rock Hard Ride Free
4. The Sentinel
5. Love Bites
6. Eat Me Alive
7. Some Heads Are Gonna Roll
8. Night Goes Down
9. Heavy Duty
10. Defenders of the Faith

(For the purpose of discussion on the remasters)
11. Turn On Your Light
12. Heavy Duty/Defenders of the Faith (Live)

Ok, I'm gonna attempt to start something that will either be interesting or fail miserably. I'm opening up a sort of reviewer's roundtable, not just to staff, but all forum regulars. I'm hoping to make this sorta special. like our Iron Maiden or Testament feature. So, the subject matter is Judas Priest, and for the next 15 weeks (if my count is accurate), I invite you all to take part in a discussion of each studio album the Metal Gods have created over the course of their career. I'm not gonna go in chronological order, but the threads will be labeled appropriately. It'll be interesting to see which albums get more or less responses, etc., etc.

Originally released in 1984 (a hallmark year for metal), this album was a bit darker in my opinion than it's predecessor, Screaming For Vengeance. The band was huge by this point.

Who all remembers the silly video game video for Freewheel Burning??

Hilarious. :D

I remember my older cousin played the shit out of Priest during the Screaming/Defenders era. These songs bring back lots of memories. And of course, loads of classics form this one, too.

Discuss. :Spin:

1. Freewheel Burning
2. Jawbreaker
3. Rock Hard Ride Free
4. The Sentinel
5. Love Bites
6. Eat Me Alive
7. Some Heads Are Gonna Roll
8. Night Goes Down
9. Heavy Duty
10. Defenders of the Faith

To tell the truth I dont have this album nor have heard it, but have heard Love Bites, Freewheel Burning , The Sentinel, and Some Heads Are Gonna Roll.
Outta the four Ive heard Love Bites is my fav. Its just got that fist pumping groove during the chorus that makes for stereo blasting fun and chorus chanting when stopped at a red light in five o'clock traffic. Some Heads are gonna roll actually has a similar feel as far as the grooving type riff and over annunciated chorus. Freewheel Buring is an excellent fast paced song with good double bass.I dont remember it having a real memorable riff but the vocals and drums made up for that. Just my opinion though. Fozzy did a version a few years back which was pretty good. The Sentinel I havent heard enough to really judge it properly. I liked it though.

Can anyone sing along with this bit in "Freewheel Burning":

Look before you leap has never been the way we keep
Our road is free
Charging to the top
And never give in never stops the way to be
Hold on to the lead with all your will and concede
You'll find there's life with victory on high

That is some of the quickest vocals I've heard!

JayKeeley said:

Our road is free
Charging to the top

Especially when you try to sing it in that key.
rofl.gif

JayKeeley said:

Our road is free
Charging to the top

Trust me, I'm still trying! :mad:

I love this album, and will post a rant tomorrow after work (cos I have work in a minute too :cry: )