3. Riding On The Wind
4. Bloodstone
5. (Take These) Chains
6. Pain and Pleasure
7. Screaming For Vengeance
8. You've Got Another Thing Comin'
9. Fever
10. Devil's Child

(For the purpose of discussion on the remasters)
11. Prisoner Of Your Eyes
12. Devil's Child (Live)

Ok, I'm gonna attempt to start something that will either be interesting or fail miserably. I'm opening up a sort of reviewer's roundtable, not just to staff, but all forum regulars. I'm hoping to make this sorta special. like our Iron Maiden or Testament feature. So, the subject matter is Judas Priest, and for the next 15 weeks (if my count is accurate), I invite you all to take part in a discussion of each studio album the Metal Gods have created over the course of their career. I'm not gonna go in chronological order, but the threads will be labeled appropriately. It'll be interesting to see which albums get more or less responses, etc., etc.

This album is responsible for a large part of my metal upbringing. From the cover to Halford's stratosphere screams, this was a heavy metal calling in 1982, the early years of the MTV era.

Discuss.

hatebeak.jpg

I like a few songs from this album, the Priest one. Hatebeak of course is FUCKING AWESOME.

One of the first Priest albums I bought along with British Steel and Point Of Entry. Like I said before, took four years to get into :loco: didn't grab me at first apart from The Hellion/Electric Eye, Riding On The Wind and the title track - the fast ones. Although Electric Eye still seemed to drag a bit, still does! Getting exposed to the songs on live videos/DVDs got me warmed up for appreciating the album proper.

At the end of the day...you can see the transition from more commercially orientated material on British Steel/Point Of Entry (especially the latter!) to harder, faster stuff on Defenders Of The Faith. I guess it's quite cool how it blends the aforementioned heavier songs with the radio songs, (Take These) Chains, Pain and Pleasure, Fever and You've Got Another Thing Comin'. So seamless too!

So....it's good! :D

Ayeka said:
One of the first Priest albums I bought along with British Steel and Point Of Entry. Like I said before, took four years to get into :loco: didn't grab me at first apart from The Hellion/Electric Eye, Riding On The Wind and the title track - the fast ones. Although Electric Eye still seemed to drag a bit, still does! Getting exposed to the songs on live videos/DVDs got me warmed up for appreciating the album proper.

At the end of the day...you can see the transition from more commercially orientated material on British Steel/Point Of Entry (especially the latter!) to harder, faster stuff on Defenders Of The Faith. I guess it's quite cool how it blends the aforementioned heavier songs with the radio songs, (Take These) Chains, Pain and Pleasure, Fever and You've Got Another Thing Comin'. So seamless too!

So....it's good! :D

BLOODSTONE IS THA SHIZZZZZZFIZZZZZZZZZWHHHHIIIIIIIIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, yo.

Papa Josh said:
What/who in the hell is that? :tickled:
Hatebeak! They have a parrot for a vocalist, and they fucking rule! Pretty sure JayKeeley found that one, there's a long since buried thread around here somewhere.

I really like Electric Eye and You Got Another Thing Comin' is a lot of fun.

If I ever was in a band again, I would cover Bloodstone. It's just meant to be played live, although nobody would be able to sing it.

Maybe we'd do a death metal version of it instead. :loco:

I'm not sure if there's a better show opener than "The Hellion"? The lights are dim, the crowd is screaming....and then *fireworks explode*...and "Electric Eye" kicks in. Come on, he even did this on his Halford tours!!

@NAD - post links to Hatebeak!! We have to compare Man vs. Beast!!

JayKeeley said:
If I ever was in a band again, I would cover Bloodstone. It's just meant to be played live, although nobody would be able to sing it.

Totally. That intro fills a whole arena. One of my favourite parts of the Priest...Live! video is Glenn stepping up and cranking that out.

GodDAMN every guitarist should look like Glenn Tipton onstage!!!

Excellent album, the epitome of Heavy Fucking Metal. Some speed metal, some power ballad-y stuff, but really just balls-to-the-wall metal. One of Halford's best albums vocally, with stuff like the bridge in "Devil's Child," the shrieking in "Screaming For Vengeance," and of course pretty much all of "Bloodstone."

"Hellion/Electric Eye" is basically the greatest concert opener ever, yeah. The epic harmony bit, and then all of a sudden it breaks into one of the most memorable riffs of all time. In fact, if there was one word to describe this album, it would be "memorable." Catchy, but not cliché/overdone; riffs and hooks that are instantly stuck in your head in the good way.

A cornerstone of heavy metal, and one of those things everybody oughta own.

The first Priest album I ever owned, and still an absolute favorite of mine. Just humming the intro to Hellion/Electric Eye gives me shivers!

The tone of Halford's voice when he nails the "...You think you private lives..." line is so FUCKING METAL, it rules all your faces. \m/ :mad: \m/