The Official SAVATAGE Thread

Savatage are gods, and write some of the most memorable metal to ever come out of america! We need another new album from them, and not all this solo stuff from the members. Beauty in numbers!

savatage will never play again. its a matter of financial and legal rights. as rumors say, paul o neal has the rights of savatage. he is the main reason why savatage made the last album that way. the sound of this piece wasn't savatage. jon oliva and some other band members decided to go their own way. jon oliva for example in jon olivas pain, which you also can call savatage 2.

his new bands sounds like savatage material should have sound. i think paul o neal really is the key.

savatage will never play again. its a matter of financial and legal rights. as rumors say, paul o neal has the rights of savatage. he is the main reason why savatage made the last album that way. the sound of this piece wasn't savatage. jon oliva and some other band members decided to go their own way. jon oliva for example in jon olivas pain, which you also can call savatage 2.

his new bands sounds like savatage material should have sound. i think paul o neal really is the key.

Source of information?

I am not holding my breath... I rememeber I got excited when we saw them with that new singer for the Poets & Madmen tour, thought they would have done an album with that guy..,..

"That new singer" recently posted on Facebook some news about Savatage - He apparently was looking at doing some shows in Europe with a Savatage tribute band and got swatted down pretty hard. His post was pretty revealing on why there are no more Savatage shows. The post was taken down, though many seemed to grab a screen shot - it is preserved here: http://tsoboards.com/showthread.php?tid=656