Savatage Thread

I don't like them. One day I bought The Wake of Magellan blindly and I don't like it. Someone buy it please.

I don't really like them either, I bought Dead Winter Dead a while back and the songs tended to bore me so I didn't listen to them much and so not really giving it a chance. But maybe I'll give them a proper listening to one day.

Yeah. Both of you people saying you didnt like them bought the wrong album to get started.
you should get "The Hall Of The Mountain King" Which Doesnt have ballads with orchestras that tends to bore a lot of people.It is amazing.

Answer to the guy that stated with question if savatage changed their name : Yes, in 1979 savatage were originaly called "Avatar" but later on Criss Oliva and his Brother Jon Changed it to Savatage.

Omg you two seriously need to listen to The Edge Of Thorns. It's the only Savatage album I have listened to so far but it's by far one of the best power metal albums I have ever listened to also. I'm kinda scared to get another album from Savatage cause they will spoil me. I'm kinda like that for most bands though.

Hall Of The Mountain King is an awesome album. The single track, with that title, made me love Savatage, it is a thing of beauty....I'm not sure what album to find next though. Probably wherever Gutter Ballet came from...

Hall Of The Mountain King is an awesome album. The single track, with that title, made me love Savatage, it is a thing of beauty....I'm not sure what album to find next though. Probably wherever Gutter Ballet came from...

Gutter Ballet

B000005RK9.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I got the remastered Hall of the Mountain King a couple of days ago and I'm quite pleased with it, but is there supposed to be an annoying crackling sound all over the place? :mad:

a buddy of mine was playing that stuff once..it was listenable.I guess they had a decent guitarist that couldn't get off the dope.Now he's dead.

Well, most of the people I know started with earlier, Oliva-sung stuff... It's much heavier, much more straight-to-the point and generally more accessable to someone not into prog/sympho music. But I wouldn't agree it's pure Power, it has lots of thrashy influences and is kinda rougher than most Power bands I know. However, from that period, I'd point out "Dungeons Are Calling", "Gutter Ballet" & "Hall Of The Mountain King". Later stuff is great as well, but very different, with much more melodies and proggy/sympho influences... Having said that, I guess it's quite possible for someone not to like later stuff, but to go nutts for older albums, and vice versa.