THE OFFICIAL STUDIO REPORT

< I must say that I am proud of Mats`s guitar-solo on this one..man it gives me the chill !! Mats Haugen meets Vitto Brata ( White Lion ) , meets Kee Marcello ( Europe ) :devil:

Wow, that seems like a heck of a solo haha. Vito was probably the metal guitarist with the strongest melodic sense I've ever heard, so that's very promising!

When I heard you guys entered the studio, that pretty much made my day/week/month/year :devil:

First off: just got back from a holiday in Spain and this is definitely the best thing I've read online since my return :D Awesome news that you guys are in the studio now. Can't wait for the final result.

Question:

We have no official release date yet , cause you never know how things will go once you enter the studio , but things are looking good and we are much more prepared this time around.

You guys haven't got a release date yet, but don't you have a deadline from the record company? or will they leave you to work without the pressure of a deadline, cos you can't rush perfection? I certainly hope it's the latter! Hoping you'll get the time you need to make this one something special. There's been a steady line of progression in the past two albums, which only sets our hopes for this one even higher!

Good luck!

Mike & the boys... it is such a thrill to hear that you guys are now back in the studio working your magic... I just know that your new record will be another terrific effort... greatly hope when you get back out on tour that you can come over to North America again... maybe at ProgPower next year... or somewhere on tour... I am looking forward to making it 4 for 4 in seeing Circus Maximus here on this side of the pond... all the best guys and wishing you much continued success... bl

hey I am roland tijssen a huge fan from holland and I am very flad to hear that you entering the studio because i can't wait for new material.
I hope that a tour will include the netherlands so I can visit you with some friends.

Also I hope that new material include a very long song just like the first chapter

greetings from the netherlands

I'm not as present here as I used to, but to be honest I was really waiting for this kind of good news :headbang:

A few questions, if I may :

-any guests on this new album ? If not, did you want to have some (yeah I want names ahah) ?

-where does it stand compared to the first two albums ? Progressive epic stuff like the first one, or a more AOR approach like Isolate ? I know it's probably a blend of both, like always, but I feel TFC and Isolate were really different, so I expect surprises this time too :)

-is it a concept album ?

I got a lot more but I'm gonna wait a bit... Of course you probably can't (and won't) answer to some of these questions for now, but I thought I'd ask anyway !

It's great to be waiting for a CM release again, and even more to see that this time many more people are waiting too (hi everyone btw ! how are ya ?)... I've been here from the start, wanting to see CM reach the level of respect it deserves, and I hope this is it !

I'll be spying down here for samples and stuff... Keep 'em coming :loco:

even if I like the so-called "AOR approach" on Isolate, I prefer the more progressive stuff. But not the usual and boring "prog-metal" but something original and technical :)

First off: just got back from a holiday in Spain and this is definitely the best thing I've read online since my return :D Awesome news that you guys are in the studio now. Can't wait for the final result.

Question:

You guys haven't got a release date yet, but don't you have a deadline from the record company? or will they leave you to work without the pressure of a deadline, cos you can't rush perfection? I certainly hope it's the latter! Hoping you'll get the time you need to make this one something special. There's been a steady line of progression in the past two albums, which only sets our hopes for this one even higher!

Good luck!

We have no deadline from the record company :headbang: It is going to be one special album , that`s for sure :cool:

I'm not as present here as I used to, but to be honest I was really waiting for this kind of good news :headbang:

A few questions, if I may :

-any guests on this new album ? If not, did you want to have some (yeah I want names ahah) ?

No guests planned for the new album.

-where does it stand compared to the first two albums ? Progressive epic stuff like the first one, or a more AOR approach like Isolate ? I know it's probably a blend of both, like always, but I feel TFC and Isolate were really different, so I expect surprises this time too :)

The album has it all , from long songs to epic, to a more AOR/Melodic touch to it. We feel that the new album has a natural progression from Isolate. Tommy Hansen did a great job on the previous albums , but this time around it is time for some winds of change .. a "new" guy will do the mix..so a new fresh sound is coming your way..we are sooo looking forward to hear the final result:cool:

-is it a concept album ?

We have not completed all the lyrics yet, but I doubt it.

I got a lot more but I'm gonna wait a bit... Of course you probably can't (and won't) answer to some of these questions for now, but I thought I'd ask anyway !

Hey , we are only happy to answer questions you guys might have , allthough some questions are to early to answer at the moment ;)

It's great to be waiting for a CM release again, and even more to see that this time many more people are waiting too (hi everyone btw ! how are ya ?)... I've been here from the start, wanting to see CM reach the level of respect it deserves, and I hope this is it !

I'll be spying down here for samples and stuff... Keep 'em coming :loco:

We will try to get some short videos out there for ya ;)

Some videos would be cool indeed!

Good luck in the studio the next couple of days/weeks.

Let's see if you get round the third album syndrom :) I have no doubts that you will provide us with spectacular work again, though I always fear every third album of a band is weaker... Look through history, and spot the rule :)

Anyway - we want videos! Mercenary gave some vids, now it's your turn!

And the shittiest band on earth when it comes to album updates is Symphony X... Though the albums themselves, are well worth the wait, always...

Let's see if you get round the third album syndrom :) I have no doubts that you will provide us with spectacular work again, though I always fear every third album of a band is weaker... Look through history, and spot the rule :)

Anyway - we want videos! Mercenary gave some vids, now it's your turn!

And the shittiest band on earth when it comes to album updates is Symphony X... Though the albums themselves, are well worth the wait, always...

Symphony X is a band who got around the third album syndrom, in a marvelous way :Smokedev:

I must say that I am proud of Mats`s guitar-solo on this one..man it gives me the chill !! Mats Haugen meets Vitto Brata ( White Lion ) , meets Kee Marcello ( Europe ) :devil:

Michael Eriksen

Vitto Brata was so underrated on how amazing a player he was!!! That name alone - even tho the riffs Marcello did for Europe were always super catchy & stuck in your brain like super glue - made me say 'hell yeah!!'

can't wait to hear the new stuff... they say patience is a virtue - well I'm all outta those!!! :p

Man, I can't wait for the next album! I must have listened to Isolate over a thousand times! Every song is so damn moving, but my faves are "Childhood's Hour", "Wither", "Mouth of Madness", "A Darkened Mind", and "Ultimate Sacrifice". Michael's vocals are the best out there, and the band is amazing as well. What a great group of talented musicians! This is the cd that I've been waiting forever for..........I know it's going to be worth the wait. Hey Michael, when are we going to know the album title? Also, when did you realize that you had an amazing talent as a singer? Thanks for putting out top-notch music! :devil:

Just discovered you guys, you sound really, really good. I'm going to play the first 2 albums for a while and then look forward to this new one!

hey Michael!!
first of all, I love you. haha:oops:
can't wait till the new album!!

CM is surely one of the best bands in the world...
and you got to come to Japan soon...and ROCK us!!!

as a musician, I want to ask you a question.
do you guys write your songs with yourselves(alone)? or with the band?
I heard that Dream Theater is writing their songs during the jam session.
So I just got curious about how CM make awesome songs...