*^*^*The official Thread for Igraine, who by the way is a lady of beauty!!*^*^*

^If you translate it to english I can try translate it to italian!

Dulce de leche in Spanish, confiture de lait in French, or doce de leite in Portuguese, is a traditional caramel-like candy popular in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, the Dominican Republic, Cuba, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and other parts of the Americas. It is also popular in Mexico, where it is known as cajeta, and in Colombia and Venezuela, where it is known as arequipe. The name literally means “sweet of milk” or “milk candy” in Spanish. There is a partially similar confection known as Manjar blanco (“white delicacy”) in Peru and simply manjar in Chile, but the preparation of this delicacy normally avoids fully caramelizing the sugars and so has a different flavor and appearance. The French preparation confiture de lait is very similar to the spreadable forms of dulce de leche.

Its most basic recipe mixes boiled milk and sugar, although other ingredients may be included to achieve special properties. Dulce de leche may also be prepared with sweetened condensed milk cooked for several hours. Although the transformation that occurs in preparation is often called caramelization, it is actually a form of the Maillard reaction, a chemical reaction that is responsible for many of the flavors of cooked food.

Dulce de leche is used to flavour candies or other sweet foods, such as cakes, cookies (see alfajor) or ice cream, as well as flan. It is also popular spread on toast. Confiture de lait is commonly served with fromage blanc.

Sorry there's no translation for cajeta XD

^ most of the times it gets no translation at all, it's still dulche de leche, but a couple of times I've seen it translated into Dolce Latte

┼Victim of the Night┼;5777335 said:
I love "Pan di stelle" (literally "Sweet of stars") too... I've eaten so much of that goody! :)

And is this known outside Italy too? It's called "Nutella" and it's so good on a slice of bread...

Nutella !!!! :D:D:D
So good !

^Oh man does that stuff taste horrible, I've only had the NZ/Aussie equivalent called Vege-mite but it's fucking aweful nonetheless :puke:
Have you ever actually told an Australian that you don't like Vegemite?

Cool, I was born in new zealand. Where did you go?

As for that vegemite garbage I've never even tried it, the smell is so bad that I couldn't stand the taste aswell

I visited pretty much the entire north island, I stayed in this tiny village called Paekakariki (On the Kapiti Coast) most of the time. It was only a short train ride away from Wellington so I spent most of my time there too.

I couldn't fucking believe how much asian people live there, I happen to think asian chicks are super hot so I was in freakin heaven :lol: