The OFFICIAL 'Upcoming Gigs' thread

D.Ingram

Mar 17, 2008
Sheffield, United Kingdom.
Because its rather annoying having ten billion topics on individual gigs. Unless its Evile, or a festival. Or an Evile Festival.

So what have some of you got to look forward too? I myself will be seeing Testament at Sheffield Corporation July 20th, MAYBE Onslaught in Glasgow August 27th, and Bloodstock is a distinct possibility too. And on top of that, theres fuck all in the way of good gigs near me so yah.

Who wants to come to Sheffield? :D :lol:

Posting, in... 3... 2... 1... GO!

Blaze Bayley in Aberdeen on Saturday
Forbidden in London on 1st of June
(Possibly) Sacred Reich in London on 21st June
Probably Testament in Glasgow in July
Probably Onslaught in Glasgow whenever that is

2.6. Heaven & Hell
5.-7.6. Sauna Open Air (moustly for Prestige and Bullet)
27.6. Tuska Open Air (Evile, Suicidal Tendencies, Korpiklaani, Gama Bomb)
25.7. Sonisphere FIN (Metallica, Anthrax)
1.-2.8. Ankka Rock (Testament, Cavalera Conspiracy, Amon Amarth)
14.-15.8. Jalometalli (Death Angel, Agent Steel, Whiplash, Artillery)

Combichrist - 24th May *
Trigger The Bloodshed - 25th May *
Mastodon - 7th June *
Download Fest - 10th/15th June
Sevendust - 15th June
Kylesa - 15th July *
Testament - 21st July *
Bloodstock Fest - 13th/17th August
A Wilhelm Scream - 9th September
Skindred - 5th October *
Frank Turner - 15th October *
Bizarre Ball - 17th October
Green Day - 19th October
Bring Me The Horizon - 22nd October *
Amon Amarth - 30th October *
Cannibal Corpse - 31st October *

* = gigs I'm shooting photos / interviewing at.
aka. the reason why I'm going to BMTH is to shoot photos of ADTR haha

erm
Download Fest

although maybe Testament if i can crash at urs again Dave?

and want to see Motorhead in Nov am tempted to go see em at Hammersmith just to say ive seen Motorhead there

Dream Theater - 12th June
Bloodstock - 14th - 16th August

And most probably Damnation in October if they announce better bands.

That's it so far.

Oh maaan, that'd be awesome.

Sacred Reich 30th May
Forbidden 3rd June
Graspop Metal Meeting 26-29 June
Headbanger's Open Air 23-25 July
Alcatraz Festival 8th August (?)
Municipal Waste 30th August
Tankard 5th September
Thrash Inferno 28th November

Forbidden last night was brilliant! Well worth a 25-hour round trip from Scotland... They played the whole of Twisted, and most of Forbidden Evil, which for me is a perfect setlist. Rest in Peace and Tossed Away sounded awesome live, but my highlight was Step By Step. Brilliant!

Steve Smyth did pretty well... he's not Glen Alvelais or Tim Calvert but he's evidently a good player and nailed quite a few of the solos and as he settles in I'm sure he'll get even better. We have yet to see if his songwriting creativity matches that of Calvert. Through Eyes of Glass misses Glen in all honesty, but it did in the version I heard with Tim Calvert playing it too...

Craig Locicero wasn't kidding in his recent claim that Russ Anderson is sounding great again either... A lot of the high notes missing from last year are back, like the end of Tossed Away.

Mark Hernandez is totally awesome too. He has the parts absolutely down. Really impressive once again. Overall the band seemed confident and like they were enjoying themselves. Apparently they turned up late for the gig because they got "very politely" arrested on their way into the country by our wonderful boys in blue! They didn't say what for though...

Forbidden last night was brilliant! Well worth a 25-hour round trip from Scotland... They played the whole of Twisted, and most of Forbidden Evil, which for me is a perfect setlist. Rest in Peace and Tossed Away sounded awesome live, but my highlight was Step By Step. Brilliant!

Steve Smyth did pretty well... he's not Glen Alvelais or Tim Calvert but he's evidently a good player and nailed quite a few of the solos and as he settles in I'm sure he'll get even better. We have yet to see if his songwriting creativity matches that of Calvert. Through Eyes of Glass misses Glen in all honesty, but it did in the version I heard with Tim Calvert playing it too...

Craig Locicero wasn't kidding in his recent claim that Russ Anderson is sounding great again either... A lot of the high notes missing from last year are back, like the end of Tossed Away.

Mark Hernandez is totally awesome too. He has the parts absolutely down. Really impressive once again. Overall the band seemed confident and like they were enjoying themselves. Apparently they turned up late for the gig because they got "very politely" arrested on their way into the country by our wonderful boys in blue! They didn't say what for though...
That sounds great! Twisted ánd Forbidden Evil? I hope they'll do the same tonight, can't wait! :D