The Passion of the Christ

About christianity: This is off topic but one thing made me think about christianity. If God is omniscient (I hope that I wrote that right) and knows that are we going to heaven or hell after we die, why does God make people who are going to hell suffer? Must be stupid question for religious people but it made me think about it.

To the topic and about the movie: It really was overrated but I didn't have huge expectations for it. Maybe it's better/moving from christianity eyes than atheist. The "rawness" what everyone was talking about didn't shocked me so nothing to say about that. It was OK but I think that I wont watch it again :)

Well, I liked the movie a lot, I think it´s closer to reality, about what happened to Jesus. Well, I think it has a hollywood touch as well, but still it made me to reflect on a lot . I´m a christian and feel the movie shows an important fact of christianity, make it understand better and so :Spin:

Believer said:
God is compassionate to sinners and believers. Think of all the times He has helped you with things. You are alive today, healthy, you have a computer, I'm sure you have a big cd collection. God has blessed you extremely. I'm not sure what else you have or if you have any of the things I said but you are truly a blessed individual.
He died so we might live. Without the death of Christ we all would surely perish.

No, I'm alive because my parents copulated 9 months before my birth. I'm alive today because I don't make stupid decisions that put my safety or health in jeopardy. I also eat right, work out and go running to stay healthy.

I have a computer and a large collection of CDs because I worked for the money that I earned.

What did God have to do with that? Nothing! This was not his blessing. This is the fruit of hard labor. He had nothing to do with that. If I left everything to God, I would accomplish nothing. Besides, if God were to be answering all of my prayers, what good would it do for him to have his "Divine Plan"? What kind of plan would it be if any run-down schmuck with a $2 prayer book could come along and ask for something and make God change the ultimate outcome of his "Divine Plan"? Obviously, he thought it was a good plan. What is he then going to do? Change his plan? Just for me? Just for you? And, if what we're praying for doesn't fit in with his "Divine Plan" and he's just going to do what he wants anyway, what good does it do to pray in the first place? If he's not going to answer our prayers because they don't fit in line with his "Divine Plan," then he's not listening to us and simply doesn't care.

With or without the death of your Christ baby, we will all surely perish. That is the cycle of life. You're born; you die; you become a worm feast. Stop all this stupid, supersticious nonsense that says we have to buried in a box so that we may be resurrected in the future. Put the dead to good use and bury them in the ground so that nature will make use of them in feeding the worms (who do more than most humans that I've seen) and making oil for future generations. Or, better yet, just take them and send them to the factory to make Soylent Green. :D

Passion was actually worse than I thought'd it be. It was just kinda "Meh".

Doesn't hold a candle to either Superstar in entretainment or Last Temptation as far as good film-making is concerned.

I really don't mean to offend anyone, but you guys sure do have a one-dimensional approach to debating sometimes... :err: Some of the arguments expressed here are average at best.

I think it's the best movie that could have been made about the subject. I especially enjoyed the Christ's ultimate victory and Satan were portrayed.

^ what he said
Also .. some of you should leave your "omg i am so kewl i am antichristian, i rule, satan fuck yeah, death to christ etc etc" psychological problems, and enjoy the movie which was brilliant. The cinematography and the scenes were beautiful, all actors were great on their roles, the hermaphrodite form of Satan remarkable. The music was very atmospheric and the slow motion sequences (and the flashbacks) absolutely RULED.

IOfTheStorm said:
^ what he said
Also .. some of you should leave your "omg i am so kewl i am antichristian, i rule, satan fuck yeah, death to christ etc etc" psychological problems, and enjoy the movie which was brilliant. The cinematography and the scenes were beautiful, all actors were great on their roles, the hermaphrodite form of Satan remarkable. The music was very atmospheric and the slow motion sequences (and the flashbacks) absolutely RULED.

Calm down.

Everyone has an opinion.

I don't believe in god or satan. so what? it's not a psychological problem. They are MY beliefs. I have a very good head on my shoulders, i'm engaged to be married, I make a good amount of money and i'm very happy.

the problem i mean is this: people who dont focus on the good film elements (like the ones i mentioned) because they let their beliefs (especially the ones with the attitude i mentioned) ruin a fair judgment on the film. The "christ sucks, so the movie sucks" attitude.

I haven't seen it and i don't think im going too.

Although I am a christian I agree with Over Broen:
i see this as one cashgrab they know will make money. capitalizing on peoples religious beliefs is extremely wrong in my opinion.
Today alot of religion is distorted, including christianity, and I don't agree with selling it for profit.

In Islam, we believe that Judas was crucified instead, and that Christ didn't die....

With that in mind, I think it was a good movie to see a guy get his ass completely kicked!