The pics thread

I made this, and got ink all over my hands.

Roschach__s_Horror_by_CandraKakasya.jpg

I think it (Devasya's thing) looks pretty cool. Much better than the Picasso and Dali pieces I saw at an art gallery today :rofl: Then again, they were just fairly random scribbles too, but priced around $10,000 each.

Here is the real difference between Deva and V5:

Devasya Chāyā;8749893 said:
I put some stuff on the paper (in an attempt) to create patterns.

The way in which this was created is that it was built in a modular fashion, and treated (in Photoshop itself) as a "living thing". It has a distinct "anatomy" and the layers (sets of symmetrical parts) are organized into groups such as "wings", "horns", "arms" and "pelvic region". I did this about half as naming convention and half because the more I worked with it, the more organic it felt. Though it is definitely, as Anti said, a more "biotech" kind of 'organic' than something purely animal/human. In any case, no it wasn't a process of building a left side then mirroring it, but rather of working from the center out (and down; I started with the top center piece, and the "halo" was the last addition), choosing images from my selection (only 3 actual unique 'images' are used in the entire composition, actually) which I felt were able to be arranged in an interesting way, searching for continuity of the black shapes prevalent in the three prints used to make up the "figure", and duplicating the images on the other side (where they would naturally fit perfectly due to symmetry). Anyway, yeah, talking too much, glad people dig it, word. :)

NUFF SAID!!

Well, I'm not getting a bachelor's degree in fine arts for nothing. :p

I feel that I am probably the only person in the goddamn department who can explain their aesthetic reasoning for the things they do well.