The pics thread

holly-peers-again-02-610x884blurred.jpg

Hopefully the digital blur is sufficient enough to keep this picture around.

^ She's definitely a winner.

HDA43.jpg

Funny, because the Community Reinvestment Act (courtesy of Chris Dodd & Barney Frank) and federal regulation keeping drilling away from the coast (where it's safer and far fewer issues develop) had nothing to do with the mortgage and BP oils situations or anything... The government may not have directly caused these situations, but I'd certainly call them a notable enabler.

Oversight is great. Overzealous regulation, not so much.

I just got back from a trip to Alice Springs. Myself and another guy from work drove nearly 2500km to deliver a vehicle there for some Geos flying in and driving back to Perth. It was a pretty cruisy trip, not too many issues with the vehicle and the scenery was great. We stayed in Kalgoorlie the first night and I hung out with skimpies and had a bit too much to drink. After that we camped out at a roadhouse about 600km from the Western Australia/Northern Territory border, then camped near Uluru (Ayers Rock) for the last night. I spent three nights in Alice, hanging out at the motel pool and going to pubs, then flew back to Perth this morning.

Kalgoorlie Super Pit (largest open cut gold mine in Australia).

IMGP0018.jpg

IMGP0020.jpg

IMGP0026.jpg

Great Central Road

IMGP0032.jpg

IMGP0028.jpg

IMGP0042.jpg

IMGP0040.jpg

Tjukaylira Roadhouse

IMGP0039.jpg

WA/NT Border

IMGP0047.jpg

IMGP0048.jpg

IMGP0053.jpg

The Olgas (Kata Tjuta)

IMGP0056.jpg

Ayers Rock (Uluru)

IMGP0059.jpg

Yours truly

IMGP0034.jpg

What annoys me about the strict American conservatives is the misconception that if something does not work in some places it never works at all anywhere. However, on the other hand, I strongly dislike hearing people act like something will work in the United States enacted immediately if it works somewhere else in the world.

Wow. I'm gonna go ahead and nominate Holly Peers as GMD Pinup Girl of the Year.

@Rumpole awesome shots dude - bad timing on the post though haha

I just got back from a trip to Alice Springs. Myself and another guy from work drove nearly 2500km to deliver a vehicle there for some Geos flying in and driving back to Perth. It was a pretty cruisy trip, not too many issues with the vehicle and the scenery was great. We stayed in Kalgoorlie the first night and I hung out with skimpies and had a bit too much to drink. After that we camped out at a roadhouse about 600km from the Western Australia/Northern Territory border, then camped near Uluru (Ayers Rock) for the last night. I spent three nights in Alice, hanging out at the motel pool and going to pubs, then flew back to Perth this morning.

Awesome photos. Looks like it was an amazing trip.