The pics thread

Doing a pretty small ad campaign for Boss effect pedals, plus billboard designs for the multi effects processor and Dr. Groove drum sequencer, check 'em out bros :cool:

q5csG.png

svYbN.jpg

gotta love the Dismember reference rite?

edit: just realized a typo so I rewrote the whole fucking body copy on the MT-2 one. also as a caveat I wanted to do an ad for the HM-2 but afaik it isn't made anymore so ehh.

JAGE is the one who posted a picture of himself on Yahoo Questions or whatever asking if he was attractive, and had a bunch of teenage girls in agreeance, right? Short blonde hair (either spiky or in a Jewfro), light blue hoodie, standing outside of a white-painted wooden-panelled house IIRC. I'd definitely let that hit me. <3

EDIT: There was actually a guy in my physics class last fall that looked exactly like him. Blonde guys are hawt (which should be obvious considering I too am one).

:eek:

It was Halloween, hence the zombie makeup, and the ultra long fake eyelashes. Perhaps I should post a follow-up, me.. with normal make-up.

Are you asking me? Why does everybody think I'm some sort of arbiter here? Well, if the decision is on me after all, I'd say send them pictures to me via PM first and I'll (maybe) filter the good ones for guys. And don't use any makeup, I don't like makeup. And do some poses or stuff, open your mouth or something, guys like mouth.

Those are pretty cool. Props for the dismember reference.
Only comment is that the text is a little hard to read on the bottom two, esp the last one. If the text blurb was less transparent it'd be helpful.

So, presented my ads in class; my professor (a professional fine arts photographer and previous worker on Madison Avenue in his younger years) said out loud to everyone while I was presenting that "this person standing up here right now has the best sense of how to write articulate, hard-selling body copy in this whole class. So, if you need body copy ideas, or need your copy edited, go see him, because this is fantastic stuff...this is stuff that gets you jobs."

Win.

And for people interested in his photography (because it is excellent), check out a few of his prints. He does not use Photoshop. These are all done in the darkroom or on the camera using optical illusions and very carefully staged people/scenes, usually himself actually.

MinkkinenMalmo.jpg

hhgj.jpg

artwork-arnorafaelminkkinen3.jpg

image.axd
(click the link, they don't allow image hotlinks)

And here he is, the old Finnish-born mofo, in all his glory.

img_2721.jpg

Holy shit. I liked those photos, top especially. I usually dislike photography. But most of the photography I see is from my school's gallery of the top photography class. It follows a "throw a random object on the ground, take a picture of it, and put it on grayscale" theme.

Not at all impressed with the third, but hot damn those first two are amazing.

Too many photographers rely on photoshop; doesn't help however that the market prefers the over-polished bleached out type of photography.