The pics thread

Libertarians aren't such a unified bunch. Some are hard-line conservatives, and others (which is becoming more popular these days) are almost Jacobin leftist-anarchists. Besides that, anyone who values personal liberty, regardless of their political leanings, should be against globalization.

Right. Gotta know how to get that nose in the Keynesian trough.

Booth has pretty strong Austrian leanings.

I was thinking more along the lines of Milton Friedman since, you know, he went there and all (also taught there)

When I was at UChicago, I participated in an "art project" where a bunch of us wore Milton Friedman masks and walked around the Booth School. We weren't allowed to speak to anyone who asked what we were doing; we could only say things like "monetarism" or "One time Ronnie and I went out drinking and ended up pissing in this woman's potted plants. Those were the good days."

Did you end up fucking a dude called Zealouse III? Were there little tubs of cocaine on coffee tables?

srontgorthsmom.jpg

It's pure pseudo-intellectualism. Something that purports to be deep and multifaceted, but in truth is just an opportunity for frustrated liberal arts students to act out. But it gave me a chance to wear a mask and walk around freaking people out, so I thought it was fun.

I would start a restaurant where everything on the menu was wrapped in bacon. Even the drinks. I'd be a millionaire in a week.

Yesterday in Riverside there were a number of arrests at the protest, and more cops are "going undercover" to try to pass off as protesters.