The pics thread

That setlist looks basically flawless.

I think that the main concern for fans is that Tim Baker had communicated through Robert Garven in the past that he didn't feel like he could do their material justice anymore. It sounds like that isn't the case. Thank you.

I'm hoping that they stick around for a little bit longer.

Reactions: H.P. Lovecraft
That setlist looks basically flawless.

I think that the main concern for fans is that Tim Baker had communicated through Robert Garven in the past that he didn't feel like he could do their material justice anymore. It sounds like that isn't the case. Thank you.

I'm hoping that they stick around for a little bit longer.
Caught them in their with the ideal lineup years and years ago, and from the live stuff I've been seeing lately on tape, they still seem to have a little of the old magic, which makes me wish they'd cut another studio record and satisfy my anticipatory boner for a fifth Cirith Ungol album. Then again, if they did another and it sucked, that would ruin their four consecutive classic album streak.

Caught them in their with the ideal lineup years and years ago, and from the live stuff I've been seeing lately on tape, they still seem to have a little of the old magic, which makes me wish they'd cut another studio record and satisfy my anticipatory boner for a fifth Cirith Ungol album. Then again, if they did another and it sucked, that would ruin their four consecutive classic album streak.

Where did you see recent live footage of them? They played their first show in about 25 years a few days ago and none of it is on YouTube yet.

Neat. I couldn't find anything when I looked previously. Tim Baker sounds like Tim Baker.
Ha. That he does. It probably helps that the only non classic member is Leatherby, the bassist, and really who the fuck listens to Cirith Ungol for the bass playing? Lindstrom, Garven, and Barraza still sound themselves, which is beautiful.

Though I really wish it was Fogle and not Barazza, sadly that's not a real possibility though, poor bastard. Talk about a great guitarist gone too soon. At least Barazza is still someone I can consider a significant contribution to the band, provided his superb playing on Paradise Lost. I just love that classic Ungol lineup so much, especially after seeing them live in the 80's, what a frigging thrill.

It's definitely a hallmark of their sound if you ask me. It was what drew me in when I first heard Frost and Fire years ago.
Huh. I mean, I enjoyed it, and it helped, but what first hit me was "Holy shit, Tim Baker's voice is amazing" and "Fogle and Lindstrom have to be one of the most exceptional guitar duos in metal" when I heard King of The Dead in '84.

Really. I guess I didn't realize how much it meant to some fans, don't get me wrong, it kicks ass, but for me it was Baker's voice and Lindstrom/Fogle's guitar work. I never found his voice too off-putting honestly, but maybe that's just me.

Reactions: Carpe Mortem
I actually got into CU because of the vocals. I've always been a big fan of Eric Wagner and they reminded me of a more drunk Trouble.
He does remind me of a delirious Eric Wagner now that you mention it. It's amazing singing on a technical level, but the aesthetic of it is just so off kilter, unorthodox, and borderline eccentric, which is basically why his voice attracted me to their sound.

Reactions: Carpe Mortem