The pics thread

u76NEUP.jpg

Oh Christ, the chips, crisps and French fries argument. French fries are a specific type of chip, much thinner than what we would refer to as chips and usually much greasier. Crisps are something else entirely.

Reactions: CiG
Oh Christ, the chips, crisps and French fries argument. French fries are a specific type of chip, much thinner than what we would refer to as chips and usually much greasier. Crisps are something else entirely.

Indeed. Also depending upon where one lives in Britain we could argue about the names of such things differently with each person from another area, going right back to your own doorstep. Don't start about scons / scones, or baps, barms, flour cakes etc. And that is before the pronunciation. ( My spelling might be off, as I speak French so much these days that I forget English spellings :p)

literally no one here was arguing. I was going to have a little fun with rusty but you guys ruined it. Everyone here knows what "fish and chips" are, and that's the only time anyone here refers to fries as chips... when ordering a stupid "fish and chips" plate.

But here, let me get my Einherjar on. When you google search chips, what do you see?

Last edited:
literally no one here was arguing. I was going to have a little fun with rusty but you guys ruined it. Everyone here knows what "fish and chips" are, and that's the only the only time anyone here refers to fries as chips... when ordering a stupid "fish and chips" plate.

If you were just going to have a little fun, why did you respond to me:
those are french fries

?

But here, let me get my Einherjar on. When you google search chips, what do you see?

gdsgdsg.jpg