The pics thread

They're instrumentally good, but I get sick of metal bands that are good in that way but have quirky or just plain bad vocals. There's too much of that shit, especially with the old bands.

This is really contradictory, but I kind of like them, like really like them, but they are the reason I couldn't link loads of friends to the band and get a positive response.

I like some stoner doom/metal stuff like Kyuss, The Sword, or Sleep's Holy Mountain, but I hate stuff like Dopesmoker where it's just droning and repetitive without really going anywhere or generating any atmosphere. The basic concept of slow, heavy and repetitive has a lot of potential, but you can't just bash away on 2 or 3 power chords for 20 minutes and call it good.

but I hate stuff like Dopesmoker where it's just droning and repetitive without really going anywhere or generating any atmosphere. The basic concept of slow, heavy and repetitive has a lot of potential, but you can't just bash away on 2 or 3 power chords for 20 minutes and call it good.

Amen to that.

So, it seems like personal pics haven't posted in this thread in a while, but... I just got married. The photographer got this awesome shot of bromance during the reception:

9ZfCSV3.jpg