The PL forum is gayer than the Opeth one

snow2fall said:
I wouldn't know. Never been there. :D Katatonia are on ok band, but incredibly weak live. Biggest disappointment concert-wise last year. :erk:

so what are ya like live?

snow2fall said:
I wouldn't know. Never been there. :D Katatonia are on ok band, but incredibly weak live. Biggest disappointment concert-wise last year. :erk:

Yeah the VE tour was crap, but it fits the album in a way, hehe. Nah, I think I like it. A bit. The tour for Last Fair Deal was great though, and they even brought Opeth along with them, I bet some UM groupies wet their pants when they just think about such a constellation. Jesus Akerfeldt was ill that evening, so they did an instrumental session :zzz:

my dying groom said:
The tour for Last Fair Deal was great though, and they even brought Opeth along with them, I bet some UM groupies wet their pants when they just think about such a constellation. Jesus Akerfeldt was ill that evening, so they did an instrumental session :zzz:
Hehe, one of my mates who's a huge Opeth and Katatonia (and also MDB) fan went to see that tour. He's still excited when he talks about it. Fanboy. :D I saw Opeth live at the With Full Force festival in 2003 and later that same year on their Damnation tour. These constant "Mika! Mika...!" shouts from right behind me are forever stuck to my mind... o_O :tickled:

snow2fall said:
Hehe, one of my mates who's a huge Opeth and Katatonia (and also MDB) fan went to see that tour. He's still excited when he talks about it. Fanboy. :D I saw Opeth live at the With Full Force festival in 2003 and later that same year on their Damnation tour. These constant "Mika! Mika...!" shouts from right behind me are forever stuck to my mind... o_O :tickled:

Wacken 2001 for me. I also was a huge fan of those bands, but somehow they all managed to get rid of me with their latest stuff. Only Damnation is good.

my dying groom said:
Wacken 2001 for me. I also was a huge fan of those bands, but somehow they all managed to get rid of me with their latest stuff. Only Damnation is good.
True. MDB's "Songs Of Darkness, Words Of Light" is pretty weak. Maybe I should give it some more listens, but I doubt that'd change my opinion. I must say I kinda like a few songs off of "Viva Emptiness", though of course it's not anywhere near as good as "Brave Murder Day".
Any more festivals for you this year apart from PartySan btw?

snow2fall said:
True. MDB's "Songs Of Darkness, Words Of Light" is pretty weak. Maybe I should give it some more listens, but I doubt that'd change my opinion. I must say I kinda like a few songs off of "Viva Emptiness", though of course it's not anywhere near as good as "Brave Murder Day".
Any more festivals for you this year apart from PartySan btw?

I admit that I was excited about SoDWoL when it came out, although the cover and that made me want to puke. I mean, they included a fridge magnet, gimme a break. Then enlightenment came and I sold it at ebay for more money than I had paid for it. As for VE, Burn the Remembrance and the last three stand out, the other songs are alright but nothing special. BMD still reigns supreme, together with Discouraged Ones.

No, only PartySan.

snow2fall said:
Why not? Money? Exams? Just checked the line-up. Looks quite interesting: Moonsorrow, Secrets Of The Moon, Ajattara, Omnium Gatherum, Graveworm, ... Not bad. I'm not sure whether I'll go to any festival this year though.

My 'festival mate' might cancel the trip, that's why. Others couldn't be arsed and going there alone sounds pretty dull. Ah I guess I'll survive it.