The Playlist of a Thousand Pwns

Pyro Stick

Feb 25, 2008
Scotland

Ive started posting the playlist. So far ive posted Melodic Death Metal part 1 and Symphonic Black Metal part 1. Next will be True Norweigan Black Metal and after that will come Ambient/Atmospheric. If you have a google account then please follow the blog and comment. You can recommend songs either on the blog or here:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...ecommendations-my-playlist-thousand-pwns.html

I wasnt too sure about the Limbonic Art songs as i dont listen to them that often (im trying to get more into them at the moment though) so i just chose one that had been recommend already and the one that stuck in my head from when i first listened to them.

Thanks,
Pyro

Melodic death metal is a subgenre of death metal which combines the melody of the New Wave of British Heavy Metal (NWOBHM) with the intensity of death metal. The genre is also known as Gothenburg metal, a reference to the city in Sweden where it originated. Originally the genre combined the harmony style and groove melodies of heavy metal with the harsh thrashing sound and vocals of death metal. Later the genre evolved due to many different influences, a notable evolution in the genre being the addition of keyboards. Melodic death metal contains more melodic guitar riffs, melodic solos, and acoustic guitar work than traditional death metal. It also contains more comprehensible lyrics with traditional death growl and screaming vocal input.

:guh:

Melodic Death Metal Part 1 = fail.

Its physically impossible for the songs on that update to fail.

Ive finished the first part of the True Norwegian Black Metal instalment. I didnt get to add everything i wanted to so expect a few more instalments later on.

The melodic death metal part really is bad...
It's way to In Flames heavy... half of the list is techincally Gothenburg metal (which, is NOT another name for melodic death metal... it's a sub genre of melodic death metal at best.. basically the sound At the Gates' Slaughter of the Soul created)

You left out Heartwork... and At the Gates' good material.

The melodic death metal part really is bad...
It's way to In Flames heavy... half of the list is techincally Gothenburg metal (which, is NOT another name for melodic death metal... it's a sub genre of melodic death metal at best.. basically the sound At the Gates' Slaughter of the Soul created)

You left out Heartwork... and At the Gates' good material.

That was only the first instalment of many. If you dont like whats there then comment like i asked and give me your recommendations. Im not going to make a seperate part for Gothenburg Metal, because it is essentially Melodic Death Metal no matter how badly you dont want it to be. Dont bother trying to start an argument over it. Ill check out heartwork later but you need to remember that i dont own/haven't heard every album ever made so things are bound to be overlooked until someone recommends it.

Melodic death metal isnt Gothenburg metal (but the other way around is basically true)... it's as simple as that... I'm sorry wikipedia lied to you. :(

Heartwork was some of the first melodic death metal... and it's damn good.

And... I did make recommendations, anyway.

Edit: and, I made some more... I am actually trying to help... just not be a douche. :)