The playlist thing...again.

Dan Swanö

The Watcher
Nov 3, 2001
www.swano.com
OK.. I get a vibe here.
And I will put Crimson 1 and 2 on CD 2 and hopefully the CD plant can fix 83 min. on one CD.
Now I need like 75 minutes of music.
So...revisit your lists and post "The best of" your lists :lol:

Maybe one of you guys are interested in fixing the Biography??
The easiest way would be to make a search of the net for existing biographies and I am happy to fill in all the blanks during a few tapes phone calls...OK.
If anyone is interested in doing the artwork and stuff (Not much money to get out of this project. I do it for free) get in touch.
This project needs time, devotion and love. But I will focus on the music and I need someone else to help me with the rest of the stuff
....anyone??

Dan

(in no particular order, and this is just a list of my faveourite tracks, not sure if they will all fit on one cd)

Enigma
Hell Is Where The Heart Is
Inferno
Losing Myself
Twilight
Of Darksome Origin
Silent
Elegy
Velvet Dreams
The Sinner and the Sadness
Darkday
The Masque
Sacrificed
Invisible Sun
Hell Written
A Serenade For The Dead

(and the crimsons ofcourse but they're on the 2nd cd :))

FUBAR said:
Hmm Id give the artwork a go...and Id do it for free!

Why don't we team up on this. you do the artwork and I'll do the layout? I've done several cds in the past but it'd be a great relief not having to do both artwork & layout.

I've got CI & CII down to 81:44.21 (this is with the intro keys & "outro" of CII cut) w/ the "outro" included it runs 82:17.13 ... All you'd have to do is cut the outro\space to C1 and it'd be 82:39.20.

I called Discmakers (www.discmakers.com) in New Jersey (US) they can replicate discs up to 83 minutes but you have to sign a waiver stating that you are aware that some players (mainly older players) will not play past 77 minutes (that is the max they recomend).

So this is definitely possible even if disc 2 (cd only has to be done at one plant) and the rest at another plant.

For your original tracklisting I as long as you leave Eternal Eclipse, 15:26 & Sacrificed we'll be good!

Xack said:
Why don't we team up on this. you do the artwork and I'll do the layout? I've done several cds in the past but it'd be a great relief not having to do both artwork & layout.

Sounds like a good idea. In layout I take it you mean all the text right?

FUBAR said:
Sounds like a good idea. In layout I take it you mean all the text right?

I'd take your images lay them out in the sleeves and arrange the text over them. Basically assembling your artwork to accomodate the cd\sleeve\tray deminsions

Xack said:
I'd take your images lay them out in the sleeves and arrange the text over them. Basically assembling your artwork to accomodate the cd\sleeve\tray deminsions

I see. sounds good to me. Well Im about to start a photography and motion graphics course at university and they encourage you to do as much related work as possible so this is perfect.

Dan Swan&#246 said:
Maybe one of you guys are interested in fixing the Biography??
The easiest way would be to make a search of the net for existing biographies and I am happy to fill in all the blanks during a few tapes phone calls...OK.
(..)

Dan

I do the biography and some promotion, if you want me to. I´ll send a mail :)

Quoting myself from the other thread:

Your own list is very, very good, and I think in particular you picked out precisely the best songs from Infernal.

The only thing I would add would be Elegy from Purgatory Afterglow, and perhaps Across the Fields of Forever.

From Cryptic, Demon I is the best song. If you re-recorded it, it would probably rock.

If I could "add" to that list, it would be:

Elegy
Across the fields of forever
Demon I (since you want a Cryptic song)
Elegy (the shorter song from Evolution)

And I'd take the question marks off Until Eternity Ends, that song kicks fucking ass.

My full list would be:

--------
Twilight
Silent
Black Tears
Elegy
Velvet Dreams
Hell Is Where The Heart Is
15:36
Losing Myself
The Last Song
Until Eternity Ends
The Masque
Across The Fields of Forever
Lost
When All Is Said
Cold Sun
Curfew For The Damned (most hilarious song name ever)
Demon I (this should be re-recorded if possible, the sound quality on Cryptic makes the album itself sound pretty crappy when it has some good songs)
Elegy (Evolution version)
Uncreation (Edge of Sanity demo version)
--------

And for Crimson... go with the first half of Crimson I, and then just shift into the second half of Crimson II. I think that would be really fucking cool.
=)

EDIT: SPECIAL REQUEST!!!!!!

Is it possible to get a Mercyful Fate cover from you on this album? I heard somewhere you covered Melissa... it would be AMAZING if you included Melissa and then did a new cover of Is That You, Melissa? from In The Shadows.

Sorry, had to ask, probably busy putting this thing together as is. ^^

Alright. Tracks that must be there, in order of importance from each album. I've never heard "Nothing but Death Remains"

In the Veins/Darker Than Black
Enigma

Sacrificed
Waiting to Die
Jesus Cries

Until Eternity Ends

Black Tears

Damned by the Damned
Hollow

(The lyrics to these two songs give them the edge over 15:36, and Hell is where the Heart is, and actually I'd like them better anyway)

So it would be a crime if the above 10 aren't there. Now, what would I like to see appear on the rest?

"Dead but Dreaming" and "A Curfew for the Damned" from Unorthodox
"Lost", from The Spectral Sorrows
"Twilight" and "Velvet Dreams" from Purgatory
If there's any more room, select from Infernal

fireangel said:
I do the biography and some promotion, if you want me to. I´ll send a mail :)

If you'll end up doing it, I could translate a long interview done by a swedish magazine called Metal Wire a while ago.. Dan has got some interesting things to say there.

Alright, the one disc list:

1. Tales (6:02)
2. The dead (3:50)
3. Enigma (7:01)
4. In The Veins/Darker Than Black (4:38)
5. A Curfew For The Damned (4:27)
6. The Masque (6:38)
7. Jesus Cries (4:48)
8. Across The Fields Of Forever (6:07)
9. Twilight (7:50)
10. Black Tears (3:13)
11. Velvet Dreams (7:08)
12. 15:36 (4:54)
13. Forever Together Forever (4:27)
14. The Last Song (5:32)

76 minutes...

Dan Swanö said:
This project needs time, devotion and love. But I will focus on the music and I need someone else to help me with the rest of the stuff
....anyone??

Dan

Nått särskilt du har i åtanke? Förutom det redan nämnda... Skulle vara grymt kul att engagera sig i nått man är genuint intresserad av för en gångs skull!

Enigma
When All Is Said
Darkday
Lost
The Masque
Sacrificed
On the Other Side
Until Eternity Ends
Twilight
Blood-colored
Silent
Black Tears
15:36
Losing Myself

That was a hard list to come up with, but I think I managed to get it under 75 minutes.

I'd be willing to help with the biography if you need it, fireangel.