The please play this begging thread......

spideyjg

Bass Gear Geek
Nov 14, 2005
Can't find the suggested songs thread but now with the MP3 player I have been cycling the Maiden CD's pretty often and wonder if Sea of Madness was ever considered? Gonna take some deft right hand work by W to get the right sound in the beginning but I know she can do it.

I see in Jenna's list Losfer Words is an instrumental y'all have done. Any chance of that coming back? Also Heaven Can Wait is a great sing along tune for the audience.

I still want Judas My Guide and Where Eagles Dare. :worship:

Jim

From those never played before:

The Lonliness of the Long Distance Runner
Back in the Village
Deja Vu

From the list of ones that have been played before, but I have yet to hear:

Still Life
The Prisoner
Where Eagles Dare
Children of the Damned

uooouu!! i would love to hear:

the duellists
charlotte the harlot
prodigal son
children of the damned
losfer words
remember tomorrow

:)

Ugh, Heaven Can Wait - one of my least favourite Maiden songs!

Huh?!?!
fryingpan.gif
:lol:

Always good to know what you guys want to hear! Choosing Maiden tunes to play isn't easy, not with such a huge catalogue to choose from.

I know we have had threads before but I couldn't find one. :erk: At the Knowlwoods GTG we were discussing opening songs with W.

I think Aces really works as does Ides/Wrath. Where Eagles Dare was a great opener on the POM tour but Linda wants to be warm up for a few songs before she hits that one.

Hmmm in the list No Prayer for the Dying has nothing. Tailgunner sounds like a good opener but alas isn't a big Maiden hit.

Question for the historians, what were the opening songs on all the tours?

Jim

Huh?!?!
fryingpan.gif
:lol:

I know we have had threads before but I couldn't find one. :erk: At the Knowlwoods GTG we were discussing opening songs with W.

I think Aces really works as does Ides/Wrath. Where Eagles Dare was a great opener on the POM tour but Linda wants to be warm up for a few songs before she hits that one.

Hmmm in the list No Prayer for the Dying has nothing. Tailgunner sounds like a good opener but alas isn't a big Maiden hit.

Jim

Hey Jim, don't quote me from the Cane's show many months ago please. :saint: After the set we've done with Michelle lately I have NO problems starting with ANYTHING these days. Damn, that was a killer right arm set! There is no such thing as a song too hard to start with any more. :D I used to think I couldn't open with Wrathchild played in true Clive fashion (a lot of people play it with 2-handed 16ths - naf!). Try playing Iron Maiden, Sanctuary, and Run To The Hills back to back at the end of a 75 minute set played the proper Clive Burr way plus a little more right hand just to punk it up a bit on top of that. :zombie: I think I remember telling you that I would love to open with "Where Ealges Dare", (and I still would!!!) but with the current position we are in, we have time restraints for fill-ins to learn a full set and that is not on our list at this point..........but wait for it, you won't be disappointed! I'd love to know more openers suggestions. I'm always open to that as I take a great effort to make our setlists vary as much as possible with each show and location we play. ANY input is SOOOOoo valuable!!! Thanks for the research Jim!!! :headbang:
BTW Jenna, I LOVE "Reach Out"!!!!

Hi Ladies....I have compiled a list of Maiden songs that I would dearly love to hear you play live. I humbly submit these for your consideration...thanks...

Prowler
Remember Tomorrow
Running Free
Transilvania
Phantom Of The Opera
Strange World
Charlotte The Harlot
Iron Maiden
Wrathchild
Murders In The Rue Morgue
Another Life
Innocent Exile
Dzhengis Khan
Killers
Twilight Zone
Prodigal Son
Purgatory
Drifter
Invaders
Children Of The Damned
The Prisoner
22 Acacia Avenue
The Number Of The Beast
Run To The Hills
Gangland
Total Eclipse
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Where Eagles Dare
Revelations
Flight Of Icarus
Die With Your Boots On
The Trooper
Still Life
Quest For Fire
Sun And Steel
To Tame A Land
Aces High
2 Minutes To Midnight
Losfer Words (big 'orra)
Flash Of The Blade
The Duellists
Back In The Village
Powerslave
Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
Caught Somewhere In Time
Wasted Years
Sea Of Madness
Heaven Can Wait
The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner
Stranger In A Strange Land
Deja-vu
Alexander The Great
Moonchild
Infinite Dreams
Can I Play With Madness
The Evil That Men Do
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
The Prophecy
The Clairvoyant
Only The Good Die Young
Reach Out
Tailgunner
Holy Smoke
No Prayer For The Dying
Public Enema Number One
Fates Warning
The Assassin
Run Silent Run Deep
Hooks In You
Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter
Mother Russia
Be Quick Or Be Dead
From Here To Eternity
Afraid To Shoot Strangers
Fear Is The Key
Childhood's End
Wasting Love
The Fugitive
Chains Of Misery
The Apparition
Judas Be My Guide
Weekend Warrior
Fear Of The Dark
Sign Of The Cross
Lord Of The Flies
Man On The Edge
Fortunes Of War
Look For The Truth
The Aftermath
Judgement Of Heaven
Blood On The World's Hands
The Edge Of Darkness
2 A.m.
The Unbeliever
Futureal
The Angel And The Gambler
Lightning Strikes Twice
The Clansman
When Two Worlds Collide
The Educated Fool
Don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger
Como Estais Amigos
The Wicker Man
Ghost Of The Navigator
Brave New World
Blood Brothers
The Mercenary
Dream Of Mirrors
The Fallen Angel
The Nomad
Out Of The Silent Planet
The Thin Line Between Love And Hate
Wildest Dreams
Rainmaker
No More Lies
Montsegur
Dance Of Death
Gates Of Tomorrow
New Frontier
Paschendale
Face In The Sand
Age Of Innocence
Journeyman
Different World
These Colours Don't Run
Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
The Pilgrim
The Longest Day
Out Of The Shadows
The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
For The Greater Good Of God
Lord Of Light
The Legacy

Ok....so this was only semi-serious...LOL.....HOWEVER, it's actually serious. I simply love hearing Maiden played live, and played properly...and since you ladies have beautifully played every song I've heard you play...I would really be thrilled to hear ANY setlist you play.

Let me ask you this....have you considered playing anything off the new album, yet? Lots of long epics on this brilliant album...tough to keep a crowd into it, that's come to hear the classics....but I really think "These Colours Don't Run" would go down well, live!

Hi Ladies....I have compiled a list of Maiden songs that I would dearly love to hear you play live. I humbly submit these for your consideration...thanks...

Prowler
Remember Tomorrow
Running Free
Transilvania
Phantom Of The Opera
Strange World
Charlotte The Harlot
Iron Maiden
Wrathchild
Murders In The Rue Morgue
Another Life
Innocent Exile
Dzhengis Khan
Killers
Twilight Zone
Prodigal Son
Purgatory
Drifter
Invaders
Children Of The Damned
The Prisoner
22 Acacia Avenue
The Number Of The Beast
Run To The Hills
Gangland
Total Eclipse
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Where Eagles Dare
Revelations
Flight Of Icarus
Die With Your Boots On
The Trooper
Still Life
Quest For Fire
Sun And Steel
To Tame A Land
Aces High
2 Minutes To Midnight
Losfer Words (big 'orra)
Flash Of The Blade
The Duellists
Back In The Village
Powerslave
Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
Caught Somewhere In Time
Wasted Years
Sea Of Madness
Heaven Can Wait
The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner
Stranger In A Strange Land
Deja-vu
Alexander The Great
Moonchild
Infinite Dreams
Can I Play With Madness
The Evil That Men Do
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
The Prophecy
The Clairvoyant
Only The Good Die Young
Reach Out
Tailgunner
Holy Smoke
No Prayer For The Dying
Public Enema Number One
Fates Warning
The Assassin
Run Silent Run Deep
Hooks In You
Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter
Mother Russia
Be Quick Or Be Dead
From Here To Eternity
Afraid To Shoot Strangers
Fear Is The Key
Childhood's End
Wasting Love
The Fugitive
Chains Of Misery
The Apparition
Judas Be My Guide
Weekend Warrior
Fear Of The Dark
Sign Of The Cross
Lord Of The Flies
Man On The Edge
Fortunes Of War
Look For The Truth
The Aftermath
Judgement Of Heaven
Blood On The World's Hands
The Edge Of Darkness
2 A.m.
The Unbeliever
Futureal
The Angel And The Gambler
Lightning Strikes Twice
The Clansman
When Two Worlds Collide
The Educated Fool
Don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger
Como Estais Amigos
The Wicker Man
Ghost Of The Navigator
Brave New World
Blood Brothers
The Mercenary
Dream Of Mirrors
The Fallen Angel
The Nomad
Out Of The Silent Planet
The Thin Line Between Love And Hate
Wildest Dreams
Rainmaker
No More Lies
Montsegur
Dance Of Death
Gates Of Tomorrow
New Frontier
Paschendale
Face In The Sand
Age Of Innocence
Journeyman
Different World
These Colours Don't Run
Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
The Pilgrim
The Longest Day
Out Of The Shadows
The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
For The Greater Good Of God
Lord Of Light
The Legacy

Ok....so this was only semi-serious...LOL.....HOWEVER, it's actually serious. I simply love hearing Maiden played live, and played properly...and since you ladies have beautifully played every song I've heard you play...I would really be thrilled to hear ANY setlist you play.

Let me ask you this....have you considered playing anything off the new album, yet? Lots of long epics on this brilliant album...tough to keep a crowd into it, that's come to hear the classics....but I really think "These Colours Don't Run" would go down well, live!

Damn Khan, could you be a little more specific? BWAHAHAHAAA!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd love to know more openers suggestions. I'm always open to that as I take a great effort to make our setlists vary as much as possible with each show and location we play. ANY input is SOOOOoo valuable!!!
The openers you've had have been great. But, to twist it up a bit the suggestions others mentioned are excellent as well. Here's mine, at least for the moment.

Ides of March/Wrathchild (a fav start and best place for it)
Churchhill's Speech/Aces (classic Live After Death start - excellent!)
Trooper
Where Eagles Dare
Moonchild (with Michael Kenney of course)

Some other songs I'm wondering if you'll ever play
Tailgunner
Clansman

Hey Jim, don't quote me from the Cane's show many months ago please. :saint: After the set we've done with Michelle lately I have NO problems starting with ANYTHING these days. Damn, that was a killer right arm set! There is no such thing as a song too hard to start with any more. :D I used to think I couldn't open with Wrathchild played in true Clive fashion (a lot of people play it with 2-handed 16ths - naf!). Try playing Iron Maiden, Sanctuary, and Run To The Hills back to back at the end of a 75 minute set played the proper Clive Burr way plus a little more right hand just to punk it up a bit on top of that. :zombie: I think I remember telling you that I would love to open with "Where Ealges Dare", (and I still would!!!) but with the current position we are in, we have time restraints for fill-ins to learn a full set and that is not on our list at this point..........but wait for it, you won't be disappointed! I'd love to know more openers suggestions. I'm always open to that as I take a great effort to make our setlists vary as much as possible with each show and location we play. ANY input is SOOOOoo valuable!!! Thanks for the research Jim!!! :headbang:
BTW Jenna, I LOVE "Reach Out"!!!!

Wow that's really interesting to know - sounds like your arms were ready to fall off!!! :lol: You do REALLY well to vary up the setlist at your shows.

It's such a great song eh?? I adore H's voice - one of the reasons I love his ASAP album so much as well.

Hey Jim, don't quote me from the Cane's show many months ago please. :saint: After the set we've done with Michelle lately I have NO problems starting with ANYTHING these days. Damn, that was a killer right arm set! There is no such thing as a song too hard to start with any more. :D

Oops.:oops: Sorry. OK ANYTHING? How about coming out the blocks with Genghis? :lol:

I understand the current restraints and challenges y'all have. I have no doubt when all the dust settles y'all will be hitting on all cylinders again. :kickass:

I can wait no problem. :saint:

You do a hell of a job on setlists Linda. :worship:

Jim

All the girls have been slamming right from the get go, esp on these last few shows! :worship: :headbang: :kickass:

Though for me, in some ways, the Di'Anno songs are actually easier on the pipes than Bruce's. But, imo, his vibe is harder to capture- he's such a dark angel! He sings so beautifully on Remember Tomorrow and Prodigal Son but the darker subject songs like Killers and Prowler, have the same effect on me that a really good scary movie has!

Jim
Here's a starter for all you historians (though I'm sure many of you are aware of this site already). Courtesy of Maverick and The Iron Maiden Commentary, a great site loaded with info on Maiden, presented by dedicated fans - love these guys! (A while back they did a nice review of our CD too - it's in the tribute section. :) )

The openers and a whole lot more are on the tour page. :headbang:

All the girls have been slamming right from the get go, esp on these last few shows! :worship: :headbang: :kickass:

Though for me, in some ways, the Di'Anno songs are actually easier on the pipes than Bruce's. But, imo, his vibe is harder to capture- he's such a dark angel! He sings so beautifully on Remember Tomorrow and Prodigal Son but the darker subject songs like Killers and Prowler, have the same effect on me that a really good scary movie has!

I would have to agree with that!! Paul adds such a great feeling to his vocals.