The please play this begging thread......

Thanks for putting Killers back in the set. :kickass:

Still waiting on:

To Tame A Land
The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner

I second that for Killers. That's my fav maiden song!

To Tame a Land and The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner would be so cool to hear. Clansman is another bitchen song. How about Heaven Can Wait and have some of the audience sing along just like when maiden did it live. That would be fun to sing along (always fun when Aja puts the mic in front of you for a few!). Put a few mics in the front row and/or audience to sing along, but maybe need a remote on/off switch incase some dickhead decides to go stray. Just an idea.

Gonna bump this thread up for The Longest Day. Been absolutely loving this song recently! When it gets to the "Sliiiiiiiiiding we go..." bit, I get such an amazing feeling in my heart. I really don't know how to describe it, there's just something about that part which makes me feel very emotional.

Gotta agree with you there Jenna. A very intense song. Didja see the vids people made of that song over D day footage? Brings it all home to see it in that context.

It sounds like a very challenging song vocally though. What say you Aja?

Jim

Gotta agree with you there Jenna. A very intense song. Didja see the vids people made of that song over D day footage? Brings it all home to see it in that context.

Jim

Using the footage from Saving Private Ryan? If so, yes I did. What a great video that was - really good job with that. At the end when it went back to the quiet intro riff with the camera panning over the beach with all the bodies and the water "red with the blood of the dead". Emotional stuff indeed!

Maiden Scotland did it once and I don't think they'll ever do it again because it was so difficult for the singer. They did a cracking job of it and he hit all the notes but it really took so much out of him. I don't think I've ever seen him so red in the face after a song as I did that one!

Hey you know what? This thread really dilutes my Petition thread. I mean if we all just focus on Tears of the Dragon we may get it. When you start asking for 15 Maiden songs to be played, it'll all just get thrown to the wayside.

Can we all stay focused on a great very easy song to play that can very well happen. Tears of the Dragon.

....When you start asking for 15 Maiden songs to be played, it'll all just get thrown to the wayside.

[/an quote]

Oh no, your input never gets thrown to the wayside. :headbang:We respect and value everybody's personal opinions as to what they would like to hear! Thank you very mucy for your suggestions!!! :kickass::)

Gonna bump this thread up for The Longest Day. Been absolutely loving this song recently! When it gets to the "Sliiiiiiiiiding we go..." bit, I get such an amazing feeling in my heart. I really don't know how to describe it, there's just something about that part which makes me feel very emotional.

It has that EXACT same reaction on me....I dare say it gets me very emotional at that point...and then the rest of the pre-chorus/chorus is just wonderful. It's an incredible song, and the Ladies would do a fantastic job of it, I'm sure!

Jim

Definitely a challenge - but what else is new? It's Bruce!! :lol:

All kidding aside - I know what you guys mean about the emotions felt when he goes into the prechorus- I feel that same kind of rush there, too - he builds it up to that point so well - it's an aaaaah moment, for sure.

I've had more than my share of red faced oh-no-will-my-head explode-and-spatter-my-brains-all over-the audience moments in Maiden songs. It does take some playing/singing mileage for the songs to really get into the body more comfortably.

Definitely a challenge - but what else is new? It's Bruce!! :lol:

All kidding aside - I know what you guys mean about the emotions felt when he goes into the prechorus- I feel that same kind of rush there, too - he builds it up to that point so well - it's an aaaaah moment, for sure.

I've had more than my share of red faced oh-no-will-my-head explode-and-spatter-my-brains-all over-the audience moments in Maiden songs. It does take some playing/singing mileage for the songs to really get into the body more comfortably.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And Bruce was singing it nearly every night whilst swinging from the lighting rig!! Shows what an absolutely incredible singer he really is.

Haha. You're right! The Longest Day rules!!! I never noticed that part really before. That "sliding" part is insane! Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Its kind of orgasmic!

I've been going back and forth between Tears of the Dragon and Longest Day, alternating between the Balls to Picasso version and Scream for me Brazil version.

Now back to sticking needles in people.

Matter of Life and Death is my favorite Maiden album since 7th Son hands down! I just can't get enough of it!

Haha. You're right! The Longest Day rules!!! I never noticed that part really before. That "sliding" part is insane! Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Its kind of orgasmic!

I've been going back and forth between Tears of the Dragon and Longest Day, alternating between the Balls to Picasso version and Scream for me Brazil version.

Now back to sticking needles in people.

Scream For Me Brazil Verion > Balls To Picasso Version

I fact, TOTD is the only song that keeps BTP from becoming a coaster.