The please play this begging thread......

Bumping for Judas Be my Guide and "Whatever the problem is, Clint Eastwood will fix it." Where Eagles Dare. :worship:

Jim

How prominent do the keys have to be to scratch off as a "only with Michael Kenny" track?

I was listening to No Prayer tonight and Run Silent Run Deep has some wicked stuff but just has a bit of atmospheric keyboard in the beginning.

The bass part at 2:03 and near the end is just badass. :kickass: I'm gonna have to figure out how Steve is pulling that stuff off. :worship: Wanda will probably tell me it is easy and my head will explode. :lol:

The title track No Prayer I'd guess would be a bit much on the key content.

Jim

Judas Be My Guide and Where Eagles Dare :loco:

I gotta bump this up cos I was blasting Flash Of The Blade tonight and man that song ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great singalong chorus - would love to hear you doing that one!! :kickass:

Also, been thinking about this too - would love to see a Blaze song make the list. Futureal and The Clansman especially!!!

I have a recording of another tribute band doing that tune but it is TERRIBLE!

Just back from seeing Maiden Scotland who did Flash Of The Blade it fucking ROCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!! Proving that it does work with two guitars!!!! :p I really wished I'd recorded it cos it sounded amazing!!! :kickass:
It can be done with two guitars, but it's not true to the original sound. I'm sure it sounded great, though.

When I was in high school, my band played that song for the school's battle fo the bands. I played the third guitar melody for the song, and it wasn't entirely difficult because my parts were when I wasn't singing. I could never sing and play guitar at the same time, but when I was in a Slayer-copy band, playing Tom Araya's bass notes and our own original material and singing was about as easy as it gets. :lol:

Anyway, with the three axemen in the band now, I see no excuse for the band not playing Flash of the Blade for the last nostalgia tour.

As for the Maidens, I'd really like to see something out of the ordinary that a lot of bands do, but Maiden does not. I'd like to see them do a melody, meshing parts of different songs together. Metallica pulls that off quite well.

was wondering, IM does alot of the B-side singles, play any of the songs they play...like Cross Eyed Mary?
Do you mean to ask if they play any of the b-sides live? Not normally. They have played Women in Uniform, Invasion, and Total Eclipse live, plus they did a few from the SIT b-sides for a couple of one-off gigs after the Powerslave tour was over.

It can be done with two guitars, but it's not true to the original sound. I'm sure it sounded great, though.

When I was in high school, my band played that song for the school's battle fo the bands. I played the third guitar melody for the song, and it wasn't entirely difficult because my parts were when I wasn't singing. I could never sing and play guitar at the same time, but when I was in a Slayer-copy band, playing Tom Araya's bass notes and our own original material and singing was about as easy as it gets. :lol:

Anyway, with the three axemen in the band now, I see no excuse for the band not playing Flash of the Blade for the last nostalgia tour.

As for the Maidens, I'd really like to see something out of the ordinary that a lot of bands do, but Maiden does not. I'd like to see them do a melody, meshing parts of different songs together. Metallica pulls that off quite well.

A medley would be really cool!!! I really think the ladies should maybe look into Flash Of The Blade, cos honestly it sounded great even tho there was just two guitars. It would work!!!

A medley would be really cool!!! I really think the ladies should maybe look into Flash Of The Blade, cos honestly it sounded great even tho there was just two guitars. It would work!!!

i like your medleys better metallicat - those would be hard to top!!!
damn, i wish i woulda heard that version maiden scotland did - that song must have sounded great live. every time this is brought up i go back and listen cuz i'd love to do it. yeah that solo section is beautiful and i'd hate to leave out a harmony. i think i've created a personal quest to hear it live in it's entirety! wish me luck!

damn, i wish i woulda heard that version maiden scotland did - that song must have sounded great live. every time this is brought up i go back and listen cuz i'd love to do it. yeah that solo section is beautiful and i'd hate to leave out a harmony. i think i've created a personal quest to hear it live in it's entirety! wish me luck!

You got a mission Jenna. :lol: Get bugging the Maiden Scotland guys to play that again when you see them. Have a fresh battery and lots of memory.

A medley could be pretty cool thang. Rush does that with several really old epic songs where the play a verse or two.

Jim

i like your medleys better metallicat - those would be hard to top!!!

Hahaha, thanks!!!! :oops: :D

I'm hopefully going to see them again in May so I will do my very best to try and record the whole song for you guys to see. :D It was so good - I was screaming the chorus SO loud I'm surprised I wasn't heard over the PA!! :lol:

...As for the Maidens, I'd really like to see something out of the ordinary that a lot of bands do, but Maiden does not. I'd like to see them do a melody, meshing parts of different songs together. Metallica pulls that off quite well.

I kinda felt Wasted Love was off nominal. But something really cool was way way back they played all acoustic. That only happened once. Any chance of that ever happening again?

Hey Matt we'll be in San Diego at Canes really soon - like next week!! :cool:

I know, and I'm even street teamin' for y'all.

I just wrote the when y'all comin back in January when no new SD play date was known.

But thanks for paying such close attention to my question!

I'm ready to rock out Sat night!!!!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Hey gals!

I remember one of the first times I saw you, you played The Wickerman. I'd love to hear that again! :headbang:

Also, I'd love to hear Rainmaker. You play a lot of the early stuff which I love, but these would be cool from the later catalogue. It's all personal taste though right? Never please everyone.

I can't make it tomorrow at Canes, but I already bought my tickets for the 19th May travelling up from SD! See you there!

-Sharon