The Pre-Show...How Was It?

Friends of mine described Orphaned Land's acoustic set as 'magical'.........and I won't disagree. I was front-and-center for it and they were splendid. I just wish someone (officially) had video recorded it.

The pre-show kicked some serious ass!

Rusty Cooley tore up the stage with Outworld! He was one of the weekends best guitarists!

I agree that Orphaned Land's acoustic set was magical - it gave me an appreciation of their music that I didnt originally have since I'm just not into growling vocals. I loved their acoustic set.

D.C. Cooper was awesome! He had so much fun up there and sounded fantastic! There was no real jam during his set. Torre played the whole show with him and Alfred and Kosta from PC69 sat in for a couple of songs but the rest of the band was made up of musicians that contacted him from the website. They only had about an hour to practice together and did a great job!

Dreamscape was cool and they tossed a ton of CD samplers into the crowd.

Just like the regular show, everyone hung out and signed autographs, took photos, hung out etc. There was a buch of musicians from the regular show hanging out including Circus Maximus, PC69, Angra, Symphorce, and more I'm sure I missed. Also Urban Breed was there enjoying the fesivities as was Gregg Gill, Eric Halpern and other Houston Tx. area musicians that came to support their friends in Outworld.

Huge THANKS to Shane who effectively turned Prog Power VI from an incredible 2 day festival into an even better 3 day festival!

Orphaned Land. Afterwards, Kobi stopped me to tell me that my Dead Can Dance shirt was great because they rule.

The only problem I had with the pre-party was the fact that the room was so dark and depressing between sets. I was looking for people all night, and had trouble seeing anyone's face to locate them. If this location is used again next year, I strongly request that the lights are turned up during changeovers next time.

The bands I saw did a good job, especially Orphaned Land!

The sound was a little rough at times, but every band was on top of their game. In short, Outworld was amazing, Orphaned Land had such a beautiful lighter set, DC ruled and Dreamscape played End of Light (again). The drinks kept coming that night, by the time Dreamscape was on I was WASTED, haha. I'll blame that one on a "certain" keyboardist in attendence :). At least I was active for them at PPV so I could drunkenly enjoy them sitting down this year (I was still underage last year). Hoooray Progpower!

RUSTY COOLEY IS A FREAK OF NATURE!!!

And also the coolest of guys to hang out with after his set. That man truly couldn't believe how many people loved his band. I think he was slightly humbled, until I started taking pictures of him with his 8-string guitar and telling him to make some rockstar poses. I was feeding his ego, big time! Great stuff!

Dreamscape is so damned good. Sucks that I only get to see them once a year!

OUT OF TUNE GUITARS SUCK! LOL!

Hell yeah it was dark in there! Really dark! If they could get just a few bulbs in there to be on for a while, perhaps in the back, it'd be pretty convenient.

SHANE RULZ!

The bands were all outstanding. My only complaint is that the sound was so loud that the guitars sounded more like thunder than electric guitars. And yes, way too dark. But understand that those complaints are just constructive criticism. I'll gladly by a ticket again even if those things aren't able to be corrected.

This is Bobby from Outworld. I just wanted to say I was amazed how Jan from Dreamscape was able to put together a bunch of sounds quickly on my Korg Triton to use for the their set. He didn't flinch at all changing the sounds, he was a total natural at it. He didn't complain about anything....even when all of Outworld and Dreamscape's patches were erased accidentally to prepare for the DC Cooper set. :)

Amazing job by Dreamscape as a whole!

OUCH. Sorry to hear that dude!

Williamson said:
...even when all of Outworld and Dreamscape's patches were erased accidentally to prepare for the DC Cooper set. :)

Amazing job by Dreamscape as a whole!