The Probably Stoppable MMA Thread

kevin.gif

That fight was so gay. Quarry was funny as shit though. those kicks were nuts!

Serra got destroyed. Those knees at the end from GSP were brutal as fuck!
Bisping won :kickass:
Mac Danzig looked good
Rich Franklin looked pretty good, but if he fights Silva again, he'll lose.

I've pondered that fight for a long time. I'm thinking now St. Pierre wins it just because his wrestling and GnP is so completely unstoppable.

i actually didn't know that serra beat GSP once, i just watched the fight... still can't believe it

in regards to TUF, we still get season 4 here i guess, so i wouldnt be up to date

UFC has announced they will be holding a conference call this afternoon at 3:00 PM EST to make a major announcement. The announcement is expected to be that Randy Couture has come to terms on a contract and will make his UFC return to fight Brock Lesnar. If so, he will be facing off against the former WWE champ on November 15 in Portland, Oregon.

If everything goes through, this will likely be the biggest fight of Brock Lesnar’s career.

Rumor is it'll be Fedor. Hard to say though, Fedor's Affliction contract is supposedly exclusive only to North America, so that means if this fight were to happen in the UFC it'd have to be outside the country.

On the other hand... if Randy is really signing to fight Brock, then he's finally done something right in all of this crap by just finishing out his UFC contract and being done with it.

Either way, thumbs up if this rumor is true. Also, don't be surprised to see Brock beat him in typical muscle blanket lay and pray style.

I would like to get back into the UFC, but I can't do the ppv anymore. I used to go over a friends brothers house where we all paid a little to see. Allot of times it came on Friday nights back then. Then I started my night job, and well, that went on for years! Now I don't know what the heck is going on anymore, lol. Well I used to watch back in the old hay day where there were no rules, it's been that long.

When did you say that spike channel show came on Kevin? Damn, I can't remember what you said it was. lol, I lost my cable shortly after you talked about it a year ago. I would like to watch that now that I can. EEK! I hope it's still on. I don't think you said it was UFC, but pretty damn near close if I remember correctly.

Because HE has a huge name too and has said from the very beginning that he wants to fight the best fighters. To be honest, even though he's not that experienced in MMA, he's big and strong enough and has a big enough wrestling background that he can completely control probably anyone in that division. I think the only people that are going to beat Brock right now are strong jiu-jitsu fighters with a good chin. Brock's obvious weakest area of his game is his submission defense. I think a guy like Big Nog would school him. Hell, Mir schooled him, but had to take a beating first to pull it off. Guys like Kongo, who are mainly strikers, wouldn't stand a chance. THey'll get ONE chance to drill him before they end up on their backs with Brock on top, dominating.

I used to hate Brock, but now I'm going to enjoy watching people develop game plans to beat him. It's going to be hard for ANYONE to stuff a Brock Lesnar takedown.

Because HE has a huge name too and has said from the very beginning that he wants to fight the best fighters.

o

To be honest, even though he's not that experienced in MMA, he's big and strong enough and has a big enough wrestling background that he can completely control probably anyone in that division. I think the only people that are going to beat Brock right now are strong jiu-jitsu fighters with a good chin. Brock's obvious weakest area of his game is his submission defense. I think a guy like Big Nog would school him. Hell, Mir schooled him, but had to take a beating first to pull it off. Guys like Kongo, who are mainly strikers, wouldn't stand a chance. THey'll get ONE chance to drill him before they end up on their backs with Brock on top, dominating.

I used to hate Brock, but now I'm going to enjoy watching people develop game plans to beat him. It's going to be hard for ANYONE to stuff a Brock Lesnar takedown.

I agree with all of that.

Someone posted highlights of the conference call on an MMA forum I go to... it's weird... Dana White is actually being reasonable and making a lot of sense.

Mir schooled him, but had to take a beating first to pull it off.
No. :lol: I admire Mir for getting the shit knocked out of him, but it was his experience alone that won him that match. He didn't school Lesnar, he just caught him making a stupid mistake and capitalized on it. Lesnar was beating the living shit out him, I mean it looked pretty vicious, so I think he thought he had the match in the bag and let his guard down some :lol: But again, the experience paid off and he won the bout.

Well it's official now. Couture vs Lesnar at UFC 91.
:lol: I think Randy is going to fuck him up.

it was his experience | he just caught him making a stupid mistake and capitalized on it.
In my opinion, that's the definition of schooling someone. And I'm sure if they fought again, Mir would still beat him. Like I said... it's going to take a jiu-jitsu master to beat Lesnar.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Brock beats Couture either. One thing I've learned after watching years of MMA is to not say shit like "So and so is gonna fuck him up" because no other sport has ever made so many people eat their own words before when it comes to predictions. ANYTHING can happen.

In my opinion, that's the definition of schooling someone. And I'm sure if they fought again, Mir would still beat him. Like I said... it's going to take a jiu-jitsu master to beat Lesnar.

Here 'schooled' means you beat them by a big margin, it's generally used in that context.

And yeah Mir probably would win again, but hopefully if they did fight again he will have learned to stop Brock from getting so much momentum and pummeling him. I really like standing fights, where they grind out the punches. I can recognize the skill involved in ground techniques, but they're dull to watch imo, two guys crawling on top of each other VS two dudes fucking throwing down violently (ofcourse there are exceptions to both).

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Brock beats Couture either. One thing I've learned after watching years of MMA is to not say shit like "So and so is gonna fuck him up" because no other sport has ever made so many people eat their own words before when it comes to predictions. ANYTHING can happen.
Yes, very true, I am just talking based on their experience. Couture is a beast. But then again Brock could be too if he puts in enough training by the time the match comes.

I've always thought Couture was overrated. His record isn't even that great compared to most other pro fighters. Couture's talent lies in creating a gameplan to defeat a specific opponent. I'm really intrigued by what he's going to come up with against Lesnar. I'm definitely looking forward to this fight, although my gut is telling me it's going to be a 5 round wrestling match.

I wanna see someone connect with a solid punch or kick to Lesnar's face and see how he reacts. His chin hasn't even really been tested yet.