the problem of have tons and tons of mp3s

Ecto

Aug 10, 2002
my view: i don't like to sit here just to listen some songs...so, when i have time, i try to make my compilation cd (normal audio...i don't have a stereo mp3 player). the problem is: what i'm going to burn? i have so many files here that i like...i always get high with that.:mad:

to answer your question, ecto, i have a few thousand mp3s and i make mad mixes, too. you can set up some mp3 programs (like the mac one greg and toby use) to randomly choose mp3s for you, or do it manually with numbers, i guess. but that makes crappy mixes often....i manually go through each mp3 and figure out which ones sound best on whatever part of whatever sort of mix i want to make. time-consuming, but worth it!

i just like..organize them and yeah basicly edit part of songs and stuff like that and make theme mixes. you know, a bunch of different songs that make up different type of mood, feelings. and then burn it to a cd-rw with the .m3u files and play it with my iriver...........................

don't try to convert compressed file to another type of compress file or you'll loose the song quality.

Originally posted by The Dope
Well i think you brought that one upon yourself. He couldn't have been more clear about it.

thanks The Dope

award.jpg

My car stereo headunit died. So, I begged a replacement off a guy and had to wait months to get it installed because his brother opted to take the thing without warning. Then, the damned thing stops reading original CDs right. Stuff had to be inserted in the perfect position or it skipped. Yet, this never happened with CDRs. So, just to spite the thing... I MP3d every CD I would admit to owning and burnt that. Now, I drive maybe an hour a day with close to two months worth of music at my fingertips.