the PUMPKIN SPICE is a go

xfer

I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS
Nov 8, 2001
New York City
www.geocities.com
My place of (part-time) business, which is also where I happen to stop for coffee in the morning on my way to my place of full-time business, just scored some PUMPKIN SPICE coffee, which we didn't have at all last year! (instead, we had "Autumn Blend" and "Egg Nog". blech).

I foresee many pumpkiny-spicey mornings ahead.

this is making me jealous.

i am in love with pumpkins. i am also in love with pumpkin spice, which i think of as a completely separate entity.

i had forgotten about these wondrous drinks!
HOW I LOVE FALL.

I will now head downstairs, as i believe last yr they had a pumpkin spice cappacino flavor; not great, but good. although i believe you have to mix it with coffee or water because it's way too fattening and sweet straight up. you need a chaser or something.

it's almost time for the Circleville Pumpkin Festival!

Pumpkin Bars
2 c sugar
1/2 c vegetable oil
16 oz. canned pumpkin
4 eggs, beaten
3 c buttermilk baking mix
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c raisins
cream cheese frosting
Combine sugar, oil, pumpkin and eggs in large bowl and beat one minute. Stir in baking mix, cinnamon and raisins. Pour into greased jellyroll pan. Bake 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool before frosting.

Cream Cheese Frosting
3 oz cream cheese, softened
1/3 c butter, softened
1 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 c powdered sugar
Combine cream cheese, butter, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Stir in powdered sugar and beat again until smooth.

Pumpkin Fudge
1 c granulated sugar
1 c brown sugar, firmly packed
2 T light corn syrup
1 c evaporated milk
1/3 c canned pumpkin
1/4 t. cinnamon
1/8 t. allspice
pinch of nutmeg
pinch of cloves
1 T butter
1 t. vanilla
chopped pecans (optional)
In heavy saucepan, combine sugars and corn syrup. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Cook and stir to softball stage (236 degrees). Remove from hear. Mixture will be curdled. Stir in pumpkin and spices; add butter and vanilla. Place pan in cold water to cool to 110 degrees. Beat mixuture vigorously until thick, about 15 minutes. Fudge will not be real thick but curdling will disappear. Drop from spoon onto greased cookie sheet, or let stand awhile then shape into 2 logs and roll in chopped pecans. Chill until firm. Slice logs. Makes about 3 dozen pieces.

Ginger Pumpkin Mousse
4 eggs
7 Tbs sugar
1 Tbs unflavored gelatin
1-1/2 cups pumpkin puree
3/4 tsp ground. cinnamon
1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger
1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
1cup heavy cream
crystallized ginger (garnish)
Beat eggs with sugar until mix is light colored and thick. Add gelatin and beat to blend well. Mix in pumpkin puree and spices and chill mixture until it begins to set up. Whip cream into soft peaks; fold in pumpkin mixture. Pour into 4-6 dessert dishes. Chill for 4 hours. Before serving, garnish with crystallized ginger.

Pumpkin Bread
3 c sugar
1 c oil
4 eggs, slightly beaten
1 can pumpkin
3-1/2 c all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
2/3 c water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix sugar and oil. Add pumpkin and eggs. Blend well. Then, add flour, spices, and water. Mix completely. Pour into two, well-greased loaf pans. Bake for 1 1/2 hours. Note: I have a gas oven that gets really hot, so I don't let my bread cook for the whole 1 1/2 hours. I check it after an hour (just press the top of the loaves - if they spring back their done or use the toothpick test).

Pumpkin Ice Cream
2 c pumpkin puree
4 c heavy cream
2 c milk
6 egg yolks
1-1/2 c sugar
nutmeg and cinnamon to taste
Mix 1 c cream with 1 c milk & spices and scald. Beat egg yolks with 1 c sugar, whisk hot milk mixture into egg mixture. Pour the new mix into a warm saucepan. Stir over a low heat until thickened. Strain into a bowl and stir in remaining cream Refrigerate for an hour. Mix the puree and the remaining sugar, add to chilled mixture and mix well (Freeze according to manufacturers directions in an ice cream maker)

Pumpkin Cookies
4 c flour
1-1/2 c butter
2 c quick cooking oats
2 c brown sugar
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 egg
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
2 c pumpkin, puree (16oz)
1 c chocolate chips
1 c raisins
1 c chopped nuts
1/2 pkg M&M's
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets. Cream butter, sugar and egg, vanilla and pumpkin, beat it all until light and fluffy. Mix in dry ingredients, beat in cup by cup, mix all well. Drop on cookie sheets by teaspoonfuls, leave space they will spread out. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until firm and lightly golden brown. Remove from cookie sheets, cool on racks. Decorate with M&M right away or drizzle with LEMON GLAZE: 1 3/4 cup of Powdered Sugar 1 Tablespoon grated lemon peel 1 Tablespoon lemon juice. Combine all three and glaze the cookies with it, or decorate with jelly beans for children.

Pumpkin Pie
9" unbaked pie shell
1-1/4 c pumpkin
3/4 c sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp flour
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 c evaporated milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 400. Combine pumpkin, sugar, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and flour in bowl. Add eggs and mix well. Add milk and vanilla, mix. Pour into pie shell and bake 45-50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.

Pumpkin Burgers
Mix and brown together 1 1/2 pound ground beef and one medium onion, chopped. Add 12 oz. jar or chili sauce, 1/2 cup pumpkin, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice and one can tomato soup. Let simmer about 1 hour. Serve on buns.