• No

Votes: 16 15.4%

• Total voters

Midwinter_melancholY

¨‘°ºOrnamental adagiOº°‘¨
Nov 30, 2002
Belgium
www.hanenwurger.org
It's there now. Nothing you can do about it, so please don't make it worse and vote. Some people may know my stand about Iron Maiden, so it's easy to figure out who cast the first 'Yes'-vote.

Although this is an Opeth-forum I think it's quite interesting to what extent the Iron Maiden-fans on this board will answer this question. Also regarding the fact that Michael is an Iron Maiden-fan himself.

The question is about the music; not about historical relevance, musical circumstances in the past, size of the fanbase, quantity of tracks and other 'scientific' facts. And mind you that it's about the entire work of both the bands.

Musically , and technically Opeth far exceeds them.

Without Maiden and Priest there is no metal as we know it today.

Maiden has put out great albums for 3 decades, Opeth for 1?

I'm going to say Maiden, because of their innovation, and mile long list of their best material

urinalcakemix said:
Musically , and technically Opeth far exceeds them.

Without Maiden and Priest there is no metal as we know it today.

Maiden has put out great albums for 3 decades, Opeth for 1?

I'm going to say Maiden, because of their innovation, and mile long list of their best material

I hate hearing the usual "If it weren't for them, Opeth wouldn't be here". Sure, Iron Maiden is pretty good and Judas Priest sucks ass, but it doesn't matter if you're comparing the bands. Hell, you even said it yourself: Musically and technically, Opeth far exceeds them.

ZeDzEdZeD said:
FYI...FY!!!

It is question of taste not who's better.

And what 'taste' do you favour the most? The one with Opeth in it, or the one with Iron Maiden in it - and why? (Which is basically the same question)

Don't worry, the results of this poll won't be broadcasted in the seven o'clock news, it's just an indication of people's opinion on the Opeth-forum. And I'm curious about it.

R0l0 said:
These polls are always kind of dumb because you're obviously going to get a bias for whichever band's forum you're posting in.

RjBeals said:
What do you expect posting that here....

Midwinter_melancholY said:
Although this is an Opeth-forum (...) <- FIRST POST!

Would you mind reading the first post entirely?

Midwinter_melancholY said:
And what 'taste' do you favour the most? The one with Opeth in it, or the one with Iron Maiden in it - and why? (Which is basically the same question)

Don't worry, the results of this poll won't be broadcasted in the seven o'clock news, it's just an indication of people's opinion on the Opeth-forum. And I'm curious about it.

why i should listen not the best music there is??? If I listen Opeth then Maiden isn't worse becouse of that... I listen those bands in equal amount, so I really can't answer... you missed 1 more option in this poll

+ this poll also as good as asking which is better Linkin Park or Metallica in Linkin Park forum, I wonder what results would be?

Edit: actually I voted "No" since equal should fit under this category...

ZeDzEdZeD said:
car or plain?

3cc.jpg
or
talas%20plain.gif