The Realm Of Fretless

I have a fretted 6 and a fretless 5. I suggest get fret lines on it (at first). I use roundwounds and my bass is fine, I would have thought they'd be rougher on the instrument, but they weren't. Very versatile instrument with expression, but sometimes limiting when it comes to technique (unless you practise your ass of with it), no 2-hand tapping on this baby (well, it won't sound that good at least).

Best of luck on your fretless. Metal fretless? Thats such a cool novel idea. (i started because of some jazz guys inspired me too, I didn't know of Steve yet, it was many years ago.)

It takes a long time for the neck to start showing grooves from the strings when you use roundwounds on a fretless neck. But as they gradually appear, I mean years down the road, but when they come I think it makes the bass sound better...it "growls" nicely. Don't worry about it man, tear it up...afterall, they do call it "heavy" metal!

Originally posted by HippieOfDoom
No. But I have to spray the bathroom with lemon scent after I take a nice big duke.

Interesting. But remember to wash your hands!:eek:

But wait! Steve is speaking in ridles! He want to says that "The true way to keep your bass after changing strings, is to take a nice big duke and don´t wash your hands."(he said nothing about washing hands). So it´s the "True Biological scent" in your hand that keep the strings!

HAIL TO THE PHILOSHOPER! Know I know the true meaning of that Death Song. It´s all about Steve. :D

Yeah! I think you guys are on to something here! Maybe it's all the preservatives that was in his food that gets rubbed into the fretboard after a big duke, causing a preserving effect in the wood, or maybe less friction. Hmmm. I need to ponder this!