The Reason Death Angel Got Back Together..........Chuck Billy!

Deadly Embrace

TL PREACHER
Feb 27, 2002
Bay Area
www.sfmetal.com
DEATH ANGEL Sign With NUCLEAR BLAST RECORDS - Oct. 8, 2003

Reunited San Francisco Bay Area metallers DEATH ANGEL have signed a multi-album record deal with Nuclear Blast Records. The band are expected to enter the studio in early 2004 to begin recording their first CD since 1990's "Act III", tentatively due later in the year.

Speaking to Chile's Grinder magazine in late 2002, DEATH ANGEL bassist Dennis Pepa explained the group's decision to reform as a full-fledged band following an appearance at the 2001 Thrash Of The Titans benefit concert for TESTAMENT frontman Chuck Billy.

"For years after we broke up people would ask us to get back together," Pepa stated. "We even had offers to go on tour and record even while we were broken up. We said 'No' to every single offer or thought to put the band back together. Not until we heard about Chuck and the benefit that was for him. We were invited to play the Thrash of The Titans. We thought that we needed to play this show not for us but, for Chuck Billy and his cause. So we pushed our bullshit aside and finally came to an agreement that we would do this show. So, we actually have Chuck to thank. He was the first reason we got back together in the fist place. That show made us realize that we were meant to be DEATH ANGEL."

Upcoming DEATH ANGEL tour dates:

Oct. 24 – Concord, CA @ The Cadillac Ranch
Oct. 25 - Santa Rosa, CA @ Last Day Saloon

European tour w/ DISBELIEF, MYSTIC PROPHECY, SYMPHORCE, MNEMIC:

Nov. 03 – Paris, FRA @ La Locomotive
Nov. 04 – London, UK @ Underworld
Nov. 06 – Amsterdam, NETH @ Melkweg
Nov. 07 – Groningen, NETH @ Vera
Nov. 08 – Vosselaar, BEL @ Biebob
Nov. 09 – Den Bosch, NETH @ Willem Ii
Nov. 11 – Essen, GER @ Zeche Carl
Nov. 12 – Munster (Breitefeld), GER @ Live Arena
Nov. 13 – Salzburg, AUT @ Rockhouse
Nov. 14 – Budapest, HUN @ Mega Club
Nov. 15 – Ljubljana, SLO @ K4
Nov. 16 – Milano, ITA @ Transilvania
Nov. 17 – Pratteln, SWI @ Z7
Nov. 18 – Osnabruck, GER @ Works

From BlabberMouth.Net

With Gus Pepa in the Phillipines, Ted Aguilera plays guitar now -- what ever happened to Sift, are they still around? I really liked them, they opened for Exodus (w/ Baloff) in Concord almost two years ago now -- a great show, but haven't heard from them since...

Ted put his band aside to give his full attention to Death Angel, that was an easy choice, he fits DA like a glove.......perfect match & great guy.......I've known him since he was 13 years old, in fact I can remember him playing in a band called Warfare DC, back in day......he deserves what he has now, hes paid his dues & now has some fame, & a great band to perform with & write with......
Everyone in Death Angel are just like brothers to me, I've known them for years!

Pyrus said:
It's surprising how much great shit came out of Chuck's cancer, you know? Ironic as hell. In any case, glad to hear they got a record deal...anybody know if that Santa Rosa show is all ages?

It is totally ironic. How something terrible made people come together and in the process revived the Bay Area Thrash Metal scene. Something wonderful came out of something bad, and the good just keeps on going!

I feel honored to have been a part of TOTT.