the recording thread!

HulkBlood01

Dec 6, 2002
IL
Visit site
OK, so i figured I'd start a new thread to make this easier. If you don't know what im talking about, see the hello thread. Heres my plan in a nutshell:
  1. Get a general idea of what everyone wants to cover. Make a list, 10+ songs. (1 week)
  2. Narrow that list down to 5-6 (or so) from the larger. This list would act as songs everyone involved would be ok with covering in the weeks to come. (3-5 days)
  3. Select the first song...beginning of recording/duties start.
  4. Recording (weeks)
  5. Final Production
Hope that clears some things up. I really wanted to base this off deadlines, its a little more motivating then "sometime in the next month."

So, heres what i gathered...as far as songs:

Metallica - Seek & Destroy
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Black Sabbath - Electric Funeral
Iron Maiden - Gangland
Ozzy - Flying High Again
(*edit) Iron Maiden - Losfer Words

rabies - i'd put a few of yours on here, but im not really sure what you'd want over the others. Personally i wouldn't mind Cult of personality, or some more maiden tunes. Puppets would be interesting. /forum/images/smilies/cool.gif

everyone else....post/reply/comment/add to this list however you'd like. later!

I just 'found' a song that I think would be cool...
It's a Finnish band, and they sing in Finnish but that's just a minor obstacle. The song is 'Kuulat sekaisin' (very rough translation would be 'Marbles shuffled', it's about a guy who got into gambling at the age of 16) by Popeda.

The song itself is very Motorheadish, eg quite simple and fast.

I'll upload a mp3 of it somewhere tonight.

HulkBlood01 said:
Metallica - Seek & Destroy
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Black Sabbath - Electric Funeral
..my vote goes for one of these three right away. what do you guys think..? 1, 2 or 3? ..and don't give me a "yes", lol.
lol.gif

In any order...i'd say...2, 1, then 3.

HulkBlood01 said:
..my vote goes for one of these three right away. what do you guys think..? 1, 2 or 3? ..and don't give me a "yes", lol.
lol.gif

In any order...i'd say...2, 1, then 3.

I'm down for any of these..though would go for 1, 2, 3...only because I have the original of 1 to compare too. I'll have to dig around to see if I still have 2 and 3 on something other than vinyl. :err:

works for me rabies! i'd happily do any of the three. Seek is just fine. Let me know if you can't find paranoid or funeral on cd...

I got worried the other day too; me and my guitarist wanted to record something, and my board was acting up. I'll make sure its still in working order....hmmph.

Anyhow...this cool with everyone? If so, i might get a track for everyone in the next week or so. I'm pretty tired at the moment; just got done with a work week from hell. 15 more hours than I'm used to...oy. I'll keep ya all posted.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Hey...was this site down for awhile? A few days this week I tried coming here..but my link didn't worked. Just checked today and it was back...or am i crazy?

Anyways, I recorded paranoid a bit ago...I'll be in the process of posting that on my lycos site sometime tonight. I'll check in again soon, later guys!

It was down at least one day for me..but definately not for a week. You either had bad luck with timing or something was wrong on your end...

let us know when you post the track. Looking forward to hearing your tracks.

Good work Hulk! :cool: I had a little fun with drum track 2 this weekend.

I sent a copy of what I did to Ec, and Rabies. I think they were the others that wanted to work on this one. If I'm wrong, let me know and I'll make sure those who want my track get it.

I recorded 1 rythm guitar, 1 solo guit, and vox. The vox were mainly for my own amusement so if 7th or Jim were down for vox on this we can use theirs. The more people involved the better. :headbang:

Woot!

I got it all..and I recorded my bit. It was so easy I just had to go ahead and do it...but rather than 'double' Hyde's wonderful guitar work, I decided to add some 'flavor' :D

Hyde - great vocal work. It is not Ozzy, but you put some balls behind it. Also, great guitar work.

HulkBlood - Why two drum tracks? I just recorded to the mix Hyde gave me..I am not sure which file that was.

EC - Good luck making your bass fit in..hmm..maybe that would be more of a headache for the mixer.

Speaking of Mixing..who is mixing this one? I can do it if nobody else wants it..though I think I would like to hear Hyde or EC mix...or Hulkblood if he wants to take a stab.

Ok...back to Through the Never. Sorry if you are reading this UIO..I fully expected that to be my next recorded song..but this one was just sooo damn easy...30 minutes to learn, setup, and finish. =)

Thanks Rabies. I like your guitar track too, nice 7 string work. It sounded really fat when I inserted your track with mine. :cool:

I'll mix this one if that's ok with everyone else.

Ec, I think there is a real "human feel" timing element present in this track, and Rabies stole a lot of your bass notes with the 7 string! :p
It would be really cool if you could add some wild bass fills here and there. We kept our guitar work pretty straight forward. This one might give you a chance to show off a little if you want to.:cool:

Excellent Idea Hyde! I was thinking I was kinda stealing the bass players bit with the 7-string...

Regarding the Human feel thing...I noticed in the beginning..the riff was played at one speed..and then after 2 repeats...it ever so slightly sped up...I thought it was cool as hell...was that the same with the original?