The "Remember the time you met" Thread

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
OK, so this thread is where you post how and where you met other posters on this forum in person for the first time:

Diabolik (Bob) - At an ALL / BAD RELIGION show @ the Vic in Chicago in 1990

modernwizardry (Pat) - Thin Lizzy show @ the Vic in 2011

nomisofsiman (Simon) - Katatonia / Orphaned Land show @ Reggies (forgot year)

Pate (Lee) - Chicago Powerfest 2007 @ the Pearl Room

Vegetaman (Tyler) - Chicago Powerfest 2007 @ the Pearl Room

DMR (Weird Al) - Browns Chicken in Northbrook, IL

SteelFireRecs (Mendyke) - Ragnarokkr 2012 @ MoJoes

Master_Yoda77 (Mike) - Ragnarokkr 2013 @ Reggies Music Joint

J. Golden (Jeremy) - Ragnarokkr 2012 @ MoJoes

Justin Gaines (Justin) - Ragnarokkr 2012 @ MoJoes

Element_man (Jeff) - Ragnarokkr 2013 @ Reggies

Ragnarokkrmetal (Odin himself!!!) - Ragnarokkr 2011 @ Bada Brew

If I forgot anyone, I apologize.................

I met in person Jeremy and Justin in the hotel lobby at Ranarokkr 2012. We went to Wendy shortly after.

Jason...I knew you from the Hillside record shows but talked to you the first time at the All / Bad Religion show.

I met Pat for the first time outside the Thin Lizzy show. I met up Jason and Pat outside and we went for dinner.

Simon...was the first time we met at Blind Guardian at Bottom Lounge?

Dave...first time meeting you was at Powerfest when Atheist played.

I met all your fags at Ragnarokkr this year while heavily intoxicated, except Lee who I met at Olórin practice where he initially played bass and me guitar, then I went to vocals and recruited Lee to play guitar.

I know I met Jason (and maybe Bob... Maybe?) at Powerfest 2007 (and we were just a doorway away at Powerfest 2008, lol). Other than that, I can't remember the first time I met Pate, but it had to be like... Circa 2000 or so. But Lee has a better memory than me so he should remember the occasion. And I think I met Master_Yoda77 at Days of the Doomed II in Wisconsin?

I know I met Jason (and maybe Bob... Maybe?) at Powerfest 2007 (and we were just a doorway away at Powerfest 2008, lol). Other than that, I can't remember the first time I met Pate, but it had to be like... Circa 2000 or so. But Lee has a better memory than me so he should remember the occasion. And I think I met Master_Yoda77 at Days of the Doomed II in Wisconsin?

yeah that is the show where I met you , Lee,an Veggie.

Oh yeah, definitely. I remember standing next to you, Lee, and John Gallo during Argus's set. Good times.