The Ring

What's with this whole 'how people can be scared of movies?!?' thing? Sure movies can scare you if they're done properly. Same with other emotions too. It's all about relating and stuff. I dunno, I feel like I'd be missing so much if I chose to be Jimmy Sceptical, not letting myself dig into the world a movie is trying to portrait, you know?

About Ringu (the original). That was one of the first asian horrormovies I saw, and it scared the shit out of me a few years back. And I loved that feeling. Now similar imagery has been used over and over again so it might not be so effective. Still I keep watching (asian) horror movies, trying to find some nerve wrecking films. It's fun.

Well the options are pretty limited, yes. Mostly I've been seeing a couple said movies per year at this annual filmfestival in Helsinki. Also I've bought (and borrowed) some films on dvd, either from the net or at film stores.

most of asian stuff can be bought on DVD in Europe, Germans release tons of them.. (dubbed :(( )..but i think ring and ringu are widely available.

" wonder what's up with American actors buying the rights to these foreign films?"

These films are better and americans lack of original ideas but they have money and they need More. Simple as that.