The Ritual Post... - Your After Forever recommendation

Invisble Circles has a lot of cookie on it, but they are well done, and really fit well in that storyline. This was one of the bands, along with Opeth, and a few others that go me past my dislike for harsh vocals.

Remagine has far less cookie, but it's present in probably three or four songs.

I can't recall how much beast is on the older stuff. Perhaps you should give their latest Remagine a shot, and if you like it move back to Invisble Circles, and then the older stuff. I'd figure that a lot of what they will play will come from the latest two discs.

Britt

I agree that Remagine probably has the least. I think POD and Decipher have the most (one reason those are my 2 favorites...love the growling).

One of their big songs that they are sure to do at the show is My Pledge of Allegiance #1 (The Sealed Fate) off Decipher - it's a great tune. I love My Pledge of Allegiance #2 (The Tempted Fate) too, so I'll be hoping they do that one too :loco:

I'd agree with that ... the woman was passable, the male unbearable. I've heard it told before that the male role was played by the same guy (Jay Lansford) that does narration on a couple Rhapsody discs. I can't grade his performance on those discs, but on Invisble Circles he gets an F.

Here's one of his great lines.

"No !! That career is what we've worked for ... I haven't got the time to raise a brat. "

It's funnier when you hear this guy utter those words, but you know where I'm coming from.

Britt

note to self: skip the Invisible Circles release. :Smug:

I can't take the spoken lines that the *ahem* immasculine actor used on the Rhapsody releases (the greatest move they ever made was bringing Christopher Lee on board! :worship: ), so I'll definitely pass on Invisible Circles :yuk:

I can't take the spoken lines that the *ahem* immasculine actor used on the Rhapsody releases (the greatest move they ever made was bringing Christopher Lee on board! :worship: ), so I'll definitely pass on Invisible Circles :yuk:

There are really good songs on the album. It's just unforunate that many of the spoken lines aren't interludes between songs but rather within songs. I think that's the major problem overall. If it was all between songs, I could at least remove them from my playlist.

There are really good songs on the album. It's just unforunate that many of the spoken lines aren't interludes between songs but rather within songs. I think that's the major problem overall. If it was all between songs, I could at least remove them from my playlist.

gotcha - same problem with several of the earlier Rhapsody albums. Those songs where the 'narrator' starts his whine-fest, I skip through. I'll probably save the Invisible Circles release for my last pick from the AF catalog.

Thanks for the heads up! :cool:

Invisble Circles has a lot of cookie on it, but they are well done, and really fit well in that storyline. This was one of the bands, along with Opeth, and a few others that go me past my dislike for harsh vocals.

Decipher and Blackwater Park are the two that did it for me. I still don't like it, but I can tolerate it now if it is done well and fits the song.

Prison of Desire: doom metal with soprano vox
Decipher: symphonic metal with soprano vox (indeed kinda like Epica)
Invisible Circles: Prog metal with rock vox and little soprano
Remagine: More catchy sounding songs with rock vox and little soprano.

Agreed. Invisible Circles is my favourite. Except for the spoken parts, it's a symphonic/prog metal masterpiece.

Too bad there are those spoken parts on Invisible Circles :(
But I like that album a lot.. together with Remagine! :D

Invisible Circles is Awesome!:kickass:
I think the dialogue sections were are great idea just a bit poorly executed. The mans voice sounded like he was reading and with his accent it sounded funny. Also when they are fighting and you hear the breath of what's supposed to be a little girl witnessing her parents questioning why they brought her into the world, it sounds like the breathing of a 350 lb lineman for the Raiders...:lol:
But all that aside they aren't too extremely bad and they don't happen too often and they really help get the story across... Just that with a little thought they could have been acted out much better...

Did I say Invisible Circles Kicks Ass? :kickass:

I really like the EP Exordium Too...

Skipping that album would be the same thing for you as skipping Therion playing at your house. Don't make this mistake, it's their best album.