The Ritual (song)

Doctor Pain

The Cure For Life
May 18, 2002
I live in PAIN
The Ritual (album) isn't loved by all Testament fans as much as
their thrashier albums, but I do like it, and it sounds great in the car.

The Ritual (song) is probably the slowest song Testament have written.
In its own way, it's just heavy as hell, thunderous, booming power chords
and crushing drums. Not a fast song, ok, but I love Chuck's vocals on it.

And so the question -- was the track ever performed live?

I like the ritual too. It's just in what kinda mood i am..
But there's some great stuff on that record.
I am definitely not a hater of that record!!
And btw there are no bad Testament records..And there will never be one!!!

:headbang:

the ritual is a killer album with a ver dark vibe , i love agony, return to.., electric crown, the guys played electric on their last gigs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, i wanna hear malpractice or falling fast or more song from ritual

Thanks all, I was curious. Glad some people appreciate this album
for what it is - heavy and dark. Electric Crown, Deadline, and So Many Lies!!!

Can't wait for the new one, been a hell of a long time.

For me The Ritual's as good as any other TestAmenT album. Very different, yes, but still great. As The Seasons Grey, EC, Return To Serenity, Let Go Off My World etc. are among TestAmenT's classics IMO. There are many great riffs, killer leads and Chuck's singing is simply beautiful. Only the drumming could've been less monotonous, I think.
There's no track on any other record that would resemble the title track from The Ritual, which is very original and kind of surprising for a thrash band. I'm glad TestAmenT proves all the time that they're great songwriters and are capable of creating very diverse music, not always having much in common with metal. Hopefully there will be a couple of more songs in the vein of The Ritual in the future. I wonder how it sounds live- it's very long, melodic and slow- could have happened only on TR tour (considering how much they dislike to play these songs live and how much heavier the newer material is)