What are your expectations abput the new Testament CD?

MindInsane said:
BTW...to all you Louie haters..he played great on this last tour. When I saw them he didn't miss a beat and it was as if he'd never stepped away from his kit. Before you judge give the guy the benefit of the doubt...Chuck and Eric aren't known for having sub-par musicians play on their albums. If they are confident in him, that's good enough for me. People also like to bash on Greg's bass playing...but as far as I'm concerned, he's a very solid player. Just stop speculating and wait for the final product. I can assure you it'll be quality Testament thrash. Stop comparing drummers...especially to Lombardo...this isn't a fair comparson for 2/3 of the drummers out there...I mean come on...it's LOMBARDO!!!!!
hey have you been reading between the lines? nobody here hates Loui he was brilliant in Testament, but as a fan i wanna listen live low, dog faced gods, eyes of wrath, etc that´s all. As i said im a fan and i love every fucking song, so the new album either way if is gonna be like The Ritual or Demonic im gonna love it however i would prefer something at least like LOW!!!!
Louis Rules
Lombardo Rules
Tempesta Rules
Hoglan Rules
Jacobbs Rules
Bosthap Rules
Kontos Rules
etc
Got the point?

i dunno! from a personal point of view i'd love them to go back and do something in the style of that line up ye know? i mean, if testament released another new order or practice, i think it would do really really well! :D

estigma2001 said:
btw on the dvd Loui played great but Sins and all the songs with Tempesta were just mind blowing, more fills more double kicks etc

Tempesta owns Into the Pit and SIns of Omission that's for sure... but I love the way Louie Plays practice... I do admitt I missed tempesta in Over The Wall...

Overall awesome live recording. Looks like Chuck was having a blast. VERY VERY VERY impressed by the Legacy!!!

estigma2001 said:
hey have you been reading between the lines? nobody here hates Loui he was brilliant in Testament, but as a fan i wanna listen live low, dog faced gods, eyes of wrath, etc that´s all. As i said im a fan and i love every fucking song, so the new album either way if is gonna be like The Ritual or Demonic im gonna love it however i would prefer something at least like LOW!!!!
Louis Rules
Lombardo Rules
Tempesta Rules
Hoglan Rules
Jacobbs Rules
Bosthap Rules
Kontos Rules
etc
Got the point?

Yea...I "got the point" I'm not a fucking retard...I know what you are saying..I'm just saying...wait to hear the final product, I'm sure it won't disapoint. Back to the roots of thrash. Everything is bigger badder and faster these days...I kind of miss the old organic thrash that made music what it is today. Any band can go out and hire a "kick ass" drummer and "update" their music. This is about original Testament...making kick ass thrash, the way it was meant to be...it's simple really.

I'd say record with the reunited line-up minus Louie... he did the job on the albums he played on but is no Tempesta, Dette, Lombardo or hardly Hoglan.

Into the Pit on Live in London is enough to prove several opinions... Tempesta has been a fill-in here and there... he really deserves the permanate spot in the line-up.

Since 'The Gathering' is their best work yet, I would hope the band continues in that direction...except maybe making it a little more upbeat like their earlier works.:Spin: