What are your expectations abput the new Testament CD?

estigma2001

Apr 13, 2002
Lima Peru
www.geocities.com
Well to be sincere, i was expecting an faster and thrashier album then The Gathering ( when Paul Bostaph was in the band) but now with original line up mmm, i have many mixed feelings however im happy because a Testament fan but you know 80s are gone for ever and i dont see Testament releasing CD like The Ritual or Practice..., you know the music today is faster and brutal, like the new Exodus is a fucking killing machine thats whata i want from Testament a brutal, melodic and fast cd!!!
What do yo think guys?

Hey Doc:)

I think we can be sure it will still be metal at it's best.

Since Eric is into heavy and brutal stuff right now, Chuck likes to use his powerful growl I don't think it could be 80' metal again

Alex can have an impact on melodies, but even he was telling in the recent interviews that he likes today's sound of music - better production, the power that stands behind it. He likes the Gathering.

We should get more solos on the new one.

Personally i think it is gonna be one of the best metal records realeased EVER - the questions is ...when?

mmmm but Loui is not Lombardo and for tunes like the ones in The gathering Testament need hyper fast double bass and killer fills
Only time will tell us but one thing is going to be certain, Im gonna buy it coz i like very Testament song but as i said i would prefer a Brutal cd like The Gathering

I really hope they make a brutal album, I don't mind melody, but I just would like a fast, brutal Gathering type album. That surprised me that Skolnick likes The Gathering, as I got the impression from interviews he liked the less brutal more melodic sound more, but I guess it makes sense, he does like Lamb of God (he even played on their cd) and Slipknot. Either, way I know the songwriting will be awesome, my only concern is Louie. Johnny Tempesta was meant to be the drummer for this band. The way he plays the old songs is amazing. I wish Testament would be more active, cause I bet thats why Johnny isnt their full time drummer. You can tell Johnny really like playing with Testament too. Testament's music is way too complex for Louie's kick snare kick snare routine. Look at how Johnny plays Sins Of Omission on the new live album, he adds so much, it's fucking awesome \m/

I think we can expect an album like The New Order or The Gathering. Also, I love the orginal line-up with Johnny Tempesta behind the kit. After watching Live in London, that was the Testament line-up ever with him on the drums. Nothing against Louie Clemente but he is not even half the drummer that Johnny Tempesta is. When you abandon your instrument for 13 years you kind of get rusty at playing it.

I'd love them to pick up where they finished last time in this line up- a continuation of The Ritual with the addition of their experiences gained through all the years of playing different music. Something melodic (not weak or soft), complex, with a lot of tempo changes and solos, some jazz elements brought by Alex, some funky groove from Greg, heavy riffing and melodic vocals with an occasional growl and old school shriek, a couple of fast neck breaking songs and a ballad or two. I don't know whether Chuck will agree to do something that melodic and containing so few growls again, though.
I think Louie would have been a great drummer now if only he hadn't had this 13-year-old-hiatus when he didn't touch the drum kit. Still, I believe he'll come up with something interesting- not Lombardo style, because this record prpbably won't be in the vein of The Gathering.
As for Alex liking TG it also surprises me- I've read a lot of interwievs about it where he tried to be polite ("I like the production, the drums are awesome, I enjoy some riffs"), but maintained that this is not the type of music he likes. He thought it lacked melody, solos and had too much growling. Maybe he changed his mind..
I thing whatever direction they choose, it will be something interesting because of the things they are doing now. I hope this will be very unique and experimental not just The Gathering, The Ritual or The New Order Part II.

Chuck Billy said in a recent interview it wouldn't sound like the Ritual, thank god. Their best bet is to do a Legacy / New Order type album with heavy, yet melodic songs like Burnt Offerings, The New Order, Trial By Fire, etc. even though I would love The Gathering pt2 I dont see it happening

First of all I'd like to say that I sincerely hope that Louie will sit behind the kit on the next album. Although he doesn't have the same technical abilities as Tempesta, who is a terrific drummer, he always delivers in a way which adds something extra to the music in a tasteful way. Man, I love what he did on Souls of Black and The Ritual. Very classy indeed!

And I just hope they will get together and write an album. I'm sure it will be killer. I enjoyed all of their albums and I am sure I will enjoy the next one as well. But I don't expect it to me much like The Gathering. IMO there was way too much use of Lombardo's ability to play fast on that one. I trust in Eric and Chuck (and Alex?) to deliver some greats songs for the next album - no matter what pace they're in.

BTW Live in London rocks! You agree?

BTW...to all you Louie haters..he played great on this last tour. When I saw them he didn't miss a beat and it was as if he'd never stepped away from his kit. Before you judge give the guy the benefit of the doubt...Chuck and Eric aren't known for having sub-par musicians play on their albums. If they are confident in him, that's good enough for me. People also like to bash on Greg's bass playing...but as far as I'm concerned, he's a very solid player. Just stop speculating and wait for the final product. I can assure you it'll be quality Testament thrash. Stop comparing drummers...especially to Lombardo...this isn't a fair comparson for 2/3 of the drummers out there...I mean come on...it's LOMBARDO!!!!!