Testament ruled the other night

kirkland

Jan 30, 2011
Saw them live. They destroyed Anthrax. I love Anthrax but Testaments set was so much more brutal and I think it appealed a lot more the crowd who got a bit bored during Anthrax's set.

Can't wait for the new Testament album! Good to know that this band keeps putting out quality thrash metal albums with no compromise!

Was the setlist the usual new order/into the pit/disciples/preacher/over the wall/alone in the dark/PWYP/SoB/DNR/More than meets the eye/formation etc. or were there any surprises? How was Death Angel received?

Was the setlist the usual new order/into the pit/disciples/preacher/over the wall/alone in the dark/PWYP/SoB/DNR/More than meets the eye/formation etc. or were there any surprises? How was Death Angel received?

Yes was pretty much that setlist but they did Envy Life which i haven't ever heard them do live.

Wow that's cool,they haven't done that in a long time to my knowledge.

How much new stuff did Anthrax play?

Anthrax played about 5 new songs and then the predictable 'classics' like Caught in a MOsh, Indians, Anti-social, I am The Law, and Only.

Testament was much better imo than Anthrax and I am a big Anthrax fan

can you list the testament and death angle set lists please

Here are my pictures from the show. The first shot in the gallery is the setlist.
http://bit.ly/nJTfPf

I didn't get a picture of Death Angels setlist, but I was able to find it on setlist.fm:
I Chose the Sky
Evil Priest
Claws In So Deep
Relentless Revolution
Seemingly Endless Time
The Ultra-Violence
Thrown to the Wolves

This was a great show. I'll be hitting them up again in November when they come through Milwaukee.

I like Anthrax a lot too,Was Joey over singing a little?

No Joey was actually really good. He sounds better now than ever. Charlies drums sounded terrible. His triggers sounded really clicky. There was just something 'off' about their sound. I would say Joey was the highlight of their set. He interacted good with the crowd and sounded great. It was great to hear him sing the classic songs they way they were originally supposed to sound.

That's cool,I only ask because watching the reunion dvd and then the big 4 dvd It sounded like he was a little especially the newer stuff.But he is a great fuckin front man isn't he?! I wonder what was up with the drums.

Here are my pictures from the show. The first shot in the gallery is the setlist.
http://bit.ly/nJTfPf

I didn't get a picture of Death Angels setlist, but I was able to find it on setlist.fm:
I Chose the Sky
Evil Priest
Claws In So Deep
Relentless Revolution
Seemingly Endless Time
The Ultra-Violence
Thrown to the Wolves

This was a great show. I'll be hitting them up again in November when they come through Milwaukee.

Nice pics! thanks!