The "Rusted" appreciation thread

Rusted is one of the most impressive metal/rock songs i've ever heard. I don't know why but i associate the song with red images for some reason.

The intro is so effective in a traditional/folk music sort of way, and all of the riffs in this song sound like piledrivers. Also, those brilliant brief ''slow motion'' moments at 2:26 and 3:26 really stimulate my thoughts. All in all a 10/10 song.

ps: Rusted is just as good as follower imo.

:D that's good no? you are creative!!!! have you ever tried to create that decribe your way to see music? should be fun! i usually do it !!!!!

Well. Sometimes I take pictures of stuff and sort of relate them to certain music. Here is one example:
gaah-1.jpg

I took this one about a year ago. And I've always related it to the 'Dancing December' song.

Well. Sometimes I take pictures of stuff and sort of relate them to certain music. Here is one example:
gaah-1.jpg

I took this one about a year ago. And I've always related it to the 'Dancing December' song.
Thats cool, pretty interesting. Is that an autumn/winter tree? for some reason, in my head Katatonia's music is really associative (right word?) with both those seasons, more so than summer or spring. Especially the earlier stuff...actually wait, all their stuff is. I mean, looking at that picture you've taken, I was instantly reminded of Discouraged Ones because of the picture being an orange colour.

I agree with i aint play this on the slow part of the song being able to stimulate thought. Its pretty unreal how you can associate stuff like memories to even a small part of a song, let alone the whole thing.

Oh and for the record, Follower is great and just as good as Rusted.

Thats cool, pretty interesting. Is that an autumn/winter tree? for some reason, in my head Katatonia's music is really associative (right word?) with both those seasons, more so than summer or spring. Especially the earlier stuff...actually wait, all their stuff is. I mean, looking at that picture you've taken, I was instantly reminded of Discouraged Ones because of the picture being an orange colour.

I agree with i aint play this on the slow part of the song being able to stimulate thought. Its pretty unreal how you can associate stuff like memories to even a small part of a song, let alone the whole thing.

Oh and for the record, Follower is great and just as good as Rusted.

I took it in december, but it wasn't any snow. But I always relate Katatonia to autumn. As a matter of fact, I'm gonna go out for a walk pretty soon and take some pictures. I'll post some of them later.

i think it will look good in discouraged ones too maybe for the orange color that remind me this cd :D cool!!! we can open a topic about our music releted art no? should be nice to see what we can be able to do!

i think it will look good in discouraged ones too maybe for the orange color that remind me this cd :D cool!!! we can open a topic about our music releted art no? should be nice to see what we can be able to do!

Dude that's a great idea! Do it now! I'm off to take som pics! see ya:zombie:

i associate july with many lights + a tall building + a chopper
a fucking chopper
maybe theres a tall building in the video clip i dont remember