the S T U P I D thread

Slipknot's Burger King Beef

Metal band threatens lawsuit over chain's chicken fries campaign

0817052left.jpg
0817052right.jpg
AUGUST 17--Claiming that its image and persona have been hijacked as part of a marketing campaign for Burger King's new chicken fries, the costumed heavy metal band Slipknot is threatening the fast food giant with legal action. In the below August 4 letter, the band's lawyers charge that Coq Roq--a mock metal band featured in new Burger King commercials--was created as a "look-alike, sound alike 'band' in order to influence the Slipknot generation to purchase Chicken Fries." Counsel for the band (which is pictured at right) notes that Coq Roq--whose masked members are supposed to resemble badass chickens--has blatantly copied several of Slipknot's signature masks, including a gas mask, a kabuki-style face covering, and a mask with dreadlocks attached. Coq Roq's lead guitarist, The Talisman, is pictured at left. Details of Slipknot's beef with Burger King surfaced in connection with an August 12 federal court filing made by the fast food company and its advertising firm. Burger King wants a U.S. District Court judge in Miami to issue a "declaratory judgment" that the Coq Roq campaign does not infringe on Slipknot's publicity and trademark rights. As for the similar masks, Burger King lawyers--who apparently read the metal mag Revolver--note that many groups "wear masks and/or make-up to accomplish a mask-like effect, including but not limited to the bands KISS, Gwar, Insane Clown Posse, Mushroomhead, Mudvayne, Marilyn Manson, Los Straitjackets, and the Spits."

my take on this:

wow, slipknot is a bunch of uptight cunts.
Burger king is a bunch of retarded cunts who want to look like fagnot.
slipknot sux pony penis.

Coq Roq are much more talented.

Didn't shitknot always claim that they only wear masks so it can be about the "music". What a load of faggotry. I may eat a whopper this weekend, merely out of spite.

yea. coq roq... dumb name... haha.

and before slipknotaretr00 shows up....

yes, burger king used sound, tried and true marketing ideas.
yes, i hate slipknot.
yes, coq roq is an amusing and misleading name. :p

SLIPKNOT Fans To Be Married Onstage At 'Maggot Marriage Ceremony' - Feb. 24, 2005
KRZR 103.7 in Fresno is holding a contest in which one of 14 couples — all of whom are composed of SLIPKNOT fans (a.k.a. maggots) — will win the "Maggot Marriage." The prize includes the actual marriage, plus "swag" from a cakery, wedding rings, a black bridal dress, and a Hooter's Honeymoon trip to Las Vegas. To see pictures, videos, and bios and to vote for which couple you want to win, click here.

The winner will be announced on March 7 at 3:00 p.m. and be married on April 10 onstage at the SLIPKNOT, LAMB OF GOD, SHADOWS FALL, and FROM AUTUMN TO ASHES show at the Selland Arena. You must be a member of the "KRZR Kult" to vote.

:lol: Or make them in the shape of actual slipknots

also the chicken fries would be shaped like 7-string guitars and masks

that would also be a good idea for Slipknot fruit snacks