The Sacrificed - Full on Christian power metal

Cool, I've heard of these guys. They're from Lakeland, which is like 15 mins from where I live. I'm not a Christian therefore I don't care for the Christian theme, but other than that they sound good.

The average dragon-loving power metal band isn't trying to convert its listeners to a specific religion though.

Correct.But those dragon loving bands are singing about something they are interested in (I assume anyway).So are the Christian metal bands.What's the difference?
You don't have to be a Christian to like those bands.I'm not a Satanist,but it doesn't stop me from listening to some bands that are.
See my point?

The average dragon-loving power metal band isn't trying to convert its listeners to a specific religion though.
Actually, much of Christian metal is about praise, not preaching as in, trying to convert. I was hoping this topic could stay on the music and not delve into a critique of the genre or religion in general. These guys really do play damn good music.

Cool, I've heard of these guys. They're from Lakeland, which is like 15 mins from where I live. I'm not a Christian therefore I don't care for the Christian theme, but other than that they sound good.

Neither am I, but I enjoy Shadow Gallery. Mostly. They tend to be allegorical rather than blunt, though. The praise an' glory/fire an' brimstone stuff sends me scrambling for the dragons elves and wizards.

Correct.But those dragon loving bands are singing about something they are interested in (I assume anyway).So are the Christian metal bands.What's the difference?
You don't have to be a Christian to like those bands.I'm not a Satanist,but it doesn't stop me from listening to some bands that are.
See my point?

The difference is when the Christian band has an agenda. I'm not knocking it. I own plenty of Christian rock and metal albums, but comparing their religious focus with the average power metal fantasy themes is not an "apples to apples" comparison.

And yes, this band does sound quite promising.

The difference is when the Christian band has an agenda. I'm not knocking it. I own plenty of Christian rock and metal albums, but comparing their religious focus with the average power metal fantasy themes is not an "apples to apples" comparison.

And yes, this band does sound quite promising.

Yes it is.You either choose to like it or you don't.But just because a person is not a Christian doesn't automatically mean that person has to dislike a band that is.The way his post read made me think that's what he was saying.
But I will agree that some bands do push God and damnation too much in their songs.But if it's just someone singing about how happy they are because they found God or whatever doesn't mean you have to dislike it.
I'm with you on this band sounding promising.I don't want you to think I'm an asshole or something,I just didn't agree with the way he stated his take on it.Maybe he meant it differently than I took it.If so,my bad.
Regardless,Thanks to Firebreath for posting this.I'm very interested in hearing more.

See my point?

Pretty much my feeling on it too. I'll listen to some Christian bands and I'll listen to some "satanic" bands. I'm not Christian or religious what so ever, but I like different perspectives. This does sound really excellent. Some of it seems like it has a touch of Crimson Glory to me. Am I alone there?

Pretty much my feeling on it too. I'll listen to some Christian bands and I'll listen to some "satanic" bands. I'm not Christian or religious what so ever, but I like different perspectives. This does sound really excellent. Some of it seems like it has a touch of Crimson Glory to me. Am I alone there?

Yes.I thought the same thing.That's actually what sparked my initial interest

I guess I should of worded my original post differently. I wasn't trying to imply that just because you are Christian you're automatically going to like something because it's Christian "themed". What I was trying to say is that I like them I just don't personally care for the Christian theme. I'm not Christian or religious in any way and I just really don't care about hearing that kind of stuff. But that's just me.

Anyway.

The vocalist also has a video on YouTube of him auditioning for Dragonforce. It's pretty awesome, I think this is probably the best audition video I've seen so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I saw that audition as well. The guy can sing alright and he's the best I've heard as well though he still isn't as good as ZP on this song although it does sound an incredibly difficult song to sing. Mind you those Dragon guys are such massive pissheads I dunno if they'll be able to hire a Christian and keep carrying on with their debauchery the way they do!