the song "the passage" by ephel duath

rachmiel

Aug 28, 2002
watertown ma
www.polyrhythmatics.net
this song is my shit i dont care what you say..trumpet, drum n bass beats, hell yea..too bad tracking this album down has been kinda hard and i've only downloaded a couple tracks so far..hopefully they've got it at armageddon records in providence..

Aquarius Records said:
So, if your listening diet contains some or better yet all of the following, you're pretty much meant to buy this Ephel Duath disc: Arcturus, Naked City, Maudlin Of The Well, Mr. Bungle, Melt Banana, Yakuza, Neurosis, Sigh, Dillinger Escape Plan, Radiohead, Opeth, Emperor...

The Painter's Palette is uneven and a bit frontloaded. I actually think I like the previous album more, even though it has programmed drums and more of an emperor influence. And people who listen to MotW and then go for Ephel Duath under the assumption that they'd be similar are going to be let down a lot.

The clean vocalist has since left the band, while the vocals were the least impressive thing about the album I also think it made it stand out from all the other tech-hardcore out there. It's one of those albums that makes my jaw drop every time I listen to it, but rarely get the urge to listen to.

I don't know about tech hardcore, but I'd say their harsh elements (read: screamer + guitar riffage) seem derived more from Dillinger Escape Plan-ish aggressive rock than any metal band . Kinda odd since their first album has such a clear black metal influence. They're a fun/awesome band now all the same.

they play like king crimson if they were a metal band as far as the guitars go. Lots of accidentals filling in space between nodes, weakened sense of a tonic, small accoustic interludes. I see the DEP connection, but I think it has happened in a really roundabout way.