The songs on the website....

I wanted to let everyone know that when I encode the songs for the website I sometimes alter them a bit. I allow the software I use (Sonic Foundry's Stream Anywhere) to make certain modifications. Usually I only normalize them and adjust the overall track volume so they all sound about the same volume.

However, I do sometimes use the software to boost the low end to beef up the track a bit so it sounds better in the smaller .wma format.

I wanted to be sure that anyone who's mixed a track and doesn't care for the way it sounds on the website feels free to ask that I re-encode it for them. If anyone feels that it's not sounding true to thier mix, please let me know and I'll re-encode it using totally flat settings that will preserve thier mix's properties 100%.

When encoding some tracks, I've noticed that they seem to lose a bit of beef in the low end, and that's why I sometimes beef 'em back up. But in any case, I don't want to go messing around and changing the way anyone's mix sounds, so again feel free to ask that I re-encode the .wma file if you feel that it's changed the way your mix sounds too much. :cool:

It's no big deal and only takes me a few minutes to change. :)

Thanks for posting WIU Ec. :worship:

The performance notes are correct.:headbang:

Not to be too much of a nag but the wma file is really distorted.:(

:cool:

Originally posted by Pickslide
Forgive me for asking but why .Wma anyway? and why 64kbs? I guess you want to keep the size down. :loco:

On of thew other reasons that I stuck with 64/kbs was to allow the songs to stream quickly on any machine.

Maybe I will start encoding them in 96/kbs, because after all most people do have faster net connections these days. :)

Originally posted by Eddies cellmate
I didn't notice any distortion Mr.Hyde, but I'll have another listen to it, and fix it up if I can. :)

Ok Mr Hyde, I heard it too, sorry. I must've used poor settings when I encoded that one. I've re-encoded it using a higher kbs setting and kept the processing to a minimum. I only used a light "normalizing" setting. I think it's better now. :)