Jul. 18 – Boston. MA - Berkeley Performance Centre
Jul. 19 – Philadelphia, PA - Trocadero
Jul. 21 – Washington, D.C. - 9,3
Jul. 23 – Cleveland, OH - Agora
Jul. 24 – Detroit, MI - St Andrews Hall
Jul. 25 – Chicago, IL - Vic Theatre
Jul. 26 – Minneapolis, MN - Fine line
Jul. 28 – Boulder, CO - Fox Theatre

Not a single one of them even remotely in the south! What the fuck? At the Winston-Salem show they did with Lacuna Coil Mike said they would be back but it sure don't look like that. He did mention coming back to the states in September so does that mean that there's going to be a second leg just like the Deliverance tour? And if there is what is the chance that Porcupine Tree will be with them then as well? Probably slim to none.
You know there are some good places to play right in Asheville for doing an acoustic gig. Fuck, at least play Atlanta or Winston-Salem. Either way it's a three hour drive which with my vehicle is still pushing it.
Don't fuck the south over damnit!

I hear you man. I live in Boone, NC and go to a residential high school in Durham, NC. I missed the Winston-Salem show due to school, and now it looks like it will be a while before I see Opeth live, if ever...

The Evil Toucan said:
I know, what bullshit. But at Winston he didn't say they were specifically coming back to Ziggy's, just to the States. The closest I guess is Cleveland which is a 9 hr drive :(

ditto for me, dude....looks like I'm going back to Cleveland, which was 9 hours for us too :mad:

arent porcupine tree playin some solo dates down in the south? i think they have a couple FL shows maybe a GA show

Darth Kur said:
Godfuckingdamnit! Look at these dates for the Opeth/Porcupine Tree tour:
Not a single one of them even remotely in the south! What the fuck? At the Winston-Salem show they did with Lacuna Coil Mike said they would be back but it sure don't look like that. He did mention coming back to the states in September so does that mean that there's going to be a second leg just like the Deliverance tour? And if there is what is the chance that Porcupine Tree will be with them then as well? Probably slim to none.
You know there are some good places to play right in Asheville for doing an acoustic gig. Fuck, at least play Atlanta or Winston-Salem. Either way it's a three hour drive which with my vehicle is still pushing it.
Don't fuck the south over damnit!

cmon, Washington DC isn't so far away. a lot of people have it a lot worse off.

What else do I want? How about not having to drive 8 to 9 hours each way in a car that has close to 200,000 miles on it. As for taking a bus...fuck that, I'd rather walk. And no, I have no one else to ride with so don't suggest it.
This country is indeed big but why neglect the entire bottom half of it?

A band can't just play somewhere just because you want them to. Get a new car or rent one if yours won't make it. Me, I'm not gonna bitch. I'm gonna go to Athens, GA and see Porcupine Tree by themselves. You gotta remember, Opeth aren't exactly huge. They can't just play everywhere. It's not economically feasible.

np: Systematic-Pleasure to Burn

Darth Kur said:
What else do I want? How about not having to drive 8 to 9 hours each way in a car that has close to 200,000 miles on it. As for taking a bus...fuck that, I'd rather walk. And no, I have no one else to ride with so don't suggest it.
This country is indeed big but why neglect the entire bottom half of it?

Ken, don't tell me you're still driving that old small little ford you had? Damn that thing seemed like it was on its death bed two years ago.. can't believe it's still kicking!

For me, i'll be going to Toronto, fuck Cleveland! The Agora is not a nice place for a show like this..

Yeah Mike, I'm still beating that poor thing into the ground. Got to admit it was a damn good deal. I just can not afford to get another one.
As far as renting a car, for what that would cost I could buy another beater.
I don't know, maybe I'll take the chance a head up to D.C. I'm really fucked if the car shits the bed. I might end up walking back to NC.