North American Tour with Porcupine Tree !!!

Madkill

Baseball Geek/Metal Freak
Jun 25, 2001
Alexandria, VA
Visit site
OPETH will be teaming up with PORCUPINE TREE for a co-headlining North American tour beginning in early July. According to PORCUPINE TREE's official web site, "OPETH have recently been touring North America extensively to promote their 2002 album 'Deliverance', but on their tour with [PORCUPINE TREE] they will be focusing on their non-metal material for the first time, in particular songs from the recently issued 'Damnation' album which was produced by [PORCUPINE TREE frontman] Steven Wilson."

Confirmed dates so far are as follows:

Jul. 15 - Toronto, ONT @ TBA
Jul. 16 - Montreal, Spectrum
Jul. 17 - NYC, Irving Plaza
Jul. 19 - Boston, MA @ Berklee Performance Center
Jul. 20 - Philadelphia, PA @ TBA
Jul. 21 - Washington DC @ TBA
Jul. 22 - Detroit, MI @ TBA
Jul. 24 - Cleveland, OH @ Agora
Jul. 25 - Chicago, IL @ Vic Theater
Jul. 26 - Minneapolis, MN @ TBA
Jul. 28 - Boulder, CO @ Fox Theater
Jul. 30 – West Hollywood, CA @ House of Blues
Jul. 31 - San Francisco, CA @ Fillmore
Aug. 03 - Portland, OR @ TBA
Aug. 04 - Seattle, WA @ TBA

They probaly get more money doin a headline show at a place like that instead of gettin a even share at MMF under the horrible managing of Jack Koshake and Rob Grohl. i dont think a fest devoted to death metal wants to hear an whole acoustic set haha i know i would cause opeth are gods at it

loebs said:
They probaly get more money doin a headline show at a place like that instead of gettin a even share at MMF under the horrible managing of Jack Koshake and Rob Grohl. i dont think a fest devoted to death metal wants to hear an whole acoustic set haha

yeah, i can understand that logic. :D

i know i would cause opeth are gods at it

heh, as good as Simon and Garfunkel?! :p ;)

nah BETTER!!!! acousticly creative as Jimmy Page was or more, i know most will say more haha jimmy page didnt make as sad riffs haha

of course the time there in Chicago there going to play stuff off Damnation...not that its a bad cd..i wanna hear other stuff damn it....ill still make an effort to see them

nah same thing when they played irving plaza in january tickets didnt go on sale till a month before it happened, and look what happened, sold out in 2 weeks haha.

Yea there goin to play damnation stuff, i member getting to opeth early at the birch hill show and i heard and saw for a minute or 2 play stuff like windowpane, in my time of need, to rid the disease, and track 7 that instrumental, and they were playin moonlapse vertigo. sounded amazing even witout the keyboard-violin affects.

The set list yea of course there goin to play damnation stuff, but the song i cant wait to hear is the one and only "to bid u farewell" which i hope they close the show with. creedance of course, track 5 off still life, Harvest would be cool, be knighted, fair judgement, still day beneath the sun, patterns in ivy 2, i wonder if theyll play any of their regular songs but acoustic style like some artists do when they do radio performances haha or unplugged

YES! what if this show was Opeth unplugged!! haha imagine demon of the fall or leper infinity just acoustic?

i wonder if theyll use acoustics or electrics wit clean channel

even for me, porcupine is good band and glad to see a good band play wit opeth, but i think Opeth is headlining for a couple reasons

there better (sorry steve)
Tour the United states more
and the biggest reason,,, sold more records haha

wildfyr said:
well, i guess i'll have to catch them the next time since (afaik) i'll be in Milwaukee that night.

You're going this year? I dunno...so far the line-up is *meh* this year (not that it was stupendous last year). I don't know whether I will be going or not yet...I still don't know what state I will be living in at that time
lol.gif