North American Tour with Porcupine Tree !!!

Madkill said:
Confirmed dates so far are as follows:

Jul. 31 - San Francisco, CA @ Fillmore

YES! I am SO glad that they are finally playing a venue worthy of them. I saw PT at the Fillmore last fall and that was pretty excellent. The sound is killer, there's tons of floor space and tables for people who want to sit (although those have to be reserved in advance). No more being packed like sardines at The Pound! :hotjump:

btw Madkill...where did you get this info from?

Shit, this is gonna be hard for me to pull off, Im going to see Tori Amos in Eugene Oregon on Jul 27th. I have to then either take the train down to Cal and see them on the 31st, or some how get up to Portland, a city I know nothing about and see em there! This is gonna be tough, but I think I can pull it off, even without a car...

ShadowLioness said:
You're going this year?
as far as i know, yes. :)

I dunno...so far the line-up is *meh* this year
bu... but Naglfar is supposed to play this year!

(not that it was stupendous last year).
hehe

I don't know whether I will be going or not yet...I still don't know what state I will be living in at that time
lol.gif
oh my. what's up with that? :erk:

wildfyr said:
bu... but Naglfar is supposed to play this year!

oh my. what's up with that? :erk:

I haven't heard Naglfar's stuff *hides*.

As far as "that", it's still up in the air! *falls on the floor*. Something should break though within the next couple of weeks.....

*Note to everyone on this board: Never fly out to jam with a musician from any of the forums and then fall in love with them, especially when there's 1000 miles between you!
lol.gif

I hate these tour dates.

Also... the Agora in Cleveland is such a shithole located in the middle of an enormous shithole of a neighborhood... why anyone would want to play there is a mystery. That area is so bombed out with nothing around it but empty warehouses.... and the interior is crummy.

ProgMetalFan said:
I hate these tour dates.

Also... the Agora in Cleveland is such a shithole located in the middle of an enormous shithole of a neighborhood... why anyone would want to play there is a mystery. That area is so bombed out with nothing around it but empty warehouses.... and the interior is crummy.

Exactly! I've been there countless times for bigger metal shows that don't come to Buffalo or Rochester.. it's in a bad section and the place is pretty crappy. For metal shows it's fine though, except in the summer when it is 130 degrees in that fucking place. What I am wondering about is if that show will be in the bigger stage with seats. Opeth has been playing on the smaller of the two. Only saw Cradle of Filth / Nile show at the bigger stage.

I really feel sorry for Porcupine Tree and Opeth for their Damnation materlal having to play in a crap hole like that because they deserve a really nice venue, with GOOD sound.

Agreed?

I guess i'll go to Toronto if it is at a good place... We'll see.

Mike

I am definately going to try to go to the Toronto or Detroit show... The crummy thing is is that both these shows are on a god damned Tuesday! I'll have to get time off work or I hope I have a day off or something...

ShadowLioness said:
I haven't heard Naglfar's stuff *hides*.
you should check 'em out. :)

As far as "that", it's still up in the air! *falls on the floor*. Something should break though within the next couple of weeks.....
yikes. i remember you mentioning a June move date. that's just around the corner. i hope you're not going to be temporarily homeless while your guy makes up his mind. :erk:

wildfyr said:
Jul. 25 - Chicago, IL @ Vic Theater <<<<< !:eek: not The HOB this time? and, during MMF? :err:

hmmm.

From what I've heard, Opeth doesn't plan on playing any of the heavier stuff on the PT tour, just Damnation and mellower versions of other songs...that would be why no MMF- I would think

ProgMetalFan said:
I hate these tour dates.

I for one loved the Agora. I guess I'm the only one. Yeah, the neighborhood SUCKS, and the stage and all sucks, but I loved the atmosphere because of the tiny room...not to mention the fact that I was smushed ONTO the stage by being in the front row, right under Mikael...I could converse with the band from my spot, and I did....and I loved it. If more dates aren't added to this tour, I hope to be making the 9-hr. trip to Cleveland again.....I just hope they're in the same room, which appeared to be, I might add, the size of my living room.

I didn't mind the Agora as a venue at all and after going to Harpo's in Detroit for so long, I fear no neighborhood. At least I won't have to drive all the way to Cleveland for this tour(although I am going to Chicago so I can see 2 shows on the tour, hehehehe)