the St Anger thread

What are your 3 favourite songs from St Anger?

• Total voters

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
Ok, there has been plenty of St Anger threads over the last few weeks, but now that it is released, what do we think of it? I will chuck up a poll for those of us with the album to pick their three favourite songs so far. All comments welcome. :)

The first thing I want to say is that 'The Unnamed Feeling' is one of the best songs Metallica have ever written, especially over the last 15 years.

Also, 'Frantic' is growing on me, and I think it will sound awesome live, and fit into the set really well.

I really like The Unnamed Feeling too, but I've only listened to the album once so far so I shall have to wait a while before contributing to this poll.

Frantic, St. Anger, Shoot me again...but thats cause that what I head em a short time ago..ask me again in an hour it'll change..I can't really pick a fav theres too much metalli goodness

I know what you mean Southy. Now that I am familiar with the songs, I have more than a couple of favs. I went with 'The Unnamed Feeling' for definate, then picked 'Frantic' and 'All Within My Hands', but could have just as easily picked 'Some Kind Of Monster', and I am really enjoying 'St Anger', 'Shoot Me Again' and 'Sweet Amber'. Great album, no matter what anyone says! :headbang:

I only just got the album today so ill let you know in a couple of days

I still might buy it. I didn't mind St Anger that much, kinda had a cool vibe to it. Sounded really disjointed though..

I wasn't that impressed with it when I first heard it, but it does sound better on the album, and in context with the other songs (fitting the theme), and it doesn't seem to drag on as much either. Hell the production even sounds heaps better on the album and on the songs you wouldn't have heard yet.

Get it cheap from Target when it goes top 10. :)

That's what I'm waiting for. I really doubt I'd want to pay more than $25 for it. Hell, I don't like paying more than for any cd anymore!

I'm always waiting for the solo in St Anger.. I've listened to it about 5 times and still nothing. Wierd.